Titans expected to sign Cowboys RB Tony Pollard

tgo

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely massive gigantic monumental upgrade over Henry!!!

Well he's only 26 and with him being behind Zeke for so long he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear

This contract is going to end up being basically nothing. I don’t understand how anyone can he that strongly against it lol

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

They have plenty of cap space, its not a big deal. I say that as someone who has been on the devalue RB train longer than most.

Great why not sign the new kicker for 10 million too seeing as it doesn’t matter 

The issue is how Carthon sees the position and the effect it has on playtime (it will initially whether anyone likes it or not)

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Spears was ranked 18th by pff. He balled out last season. Obviously nowhere near as bad but I'm reminded of ATL taking Bijan at #7 when they got a damn good year out of a cheap rookie in Tyler Allegier the year before. 

The right move was getting someone like Singletary or Moss on a cheap deal to take early down carries and take the load off Spears who doesn’t have the body to have 200 carries

1 minute ago, IrishTitansFan said:

The right move was getting someone like Singletary or Moss on a cheap deal to take early down carries and take the load off Spears who doesn’t have the body to have 200 carries

RBBC maybe???

just spit ballin off 2 FA signings.

1 minute ago, IrishTitansFan said:

That's why I was thinking at first too but I do see the wisdom in getting a guy that is more similar to Spears so as to not be predictable. I just thought they would address it in the draft or with a cheaper back. 

1 minute ago, TeamRamrod said:

This contract is going to end up being basically nothing. I don’t understand how anyone can he that strongly against it lol

If the contract turns out to be basically nothing then I love the move. 

1 minute ago, TeamRamrod said:

Yeah they are not paying top of the line RB money like they did for Henry and this guy can stay on the field for all 3 downs.

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

That's why I was thinking at first too but I do see the wisdom in getting a guy that is more similar to Spears so as to not be predictable. I just thought they would address it in the draft or with a cheaper back. 

Yeah I get it but it’s more about him having significant resources in the RB room compared to most successful NFL teams 2 years in a row

Having said all this, it has little effect on the Titans cap, I like Pollard as a player and I do think there’s a point that RBs become so underpaid that you get really good ones for next to nothing and hopefully this is where we are