Trump NY trial (Stormy hush money edition)

Starkiller

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly the funny thing about all these cases is everyone knows he's guilty of all of them. That's not even in question. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Starkiller said:

On Saturday, Kirschner, a former assistant U.S. attorney and frequent critic of the former president, posted a new video to his personal YouTube channel in which he dug into the upcoming Manhattan trial. In particular, he discussed the "one piece of evidence" that he believes will lead to a conviction for Trump "in a New York minute": directions he gave his then-lawyer, Michael Cohen, to delay making the payments altogether.

As Kirschner laid out, Trump and his legal team have claimed that the payments were made to prevent Daniels' story from going public and causing distress for Trump's wife, Melania. However, Kirschner highlighted one notable paragraph from the Manhattan indictment, in which Trump was found to have allegedly directed Cohen to try and delay the payments as much as possible, suggesting that they could avoid paying altogether, as once the election passed it would not matter if Daniels spoke out.

1 hour ago, begooode said:

No jurors selected in the first day. This, jury selection, is likely where the trial will be won or lost. The facts are not in dispute. 

I honestly don't see how you could possibly avoid a sleeper Trump fan.

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

I honestly don't see how you could possibly avoid a sleeper Trump fan.

Every grand jury has charged him and he's been found liable/guilty in every case he's been involved in so far. 

He doesn't do well in court where facts actually matter. 

I remember the Paul Manafort case. A Maga juror(She had a red Trump hat in her car) said she wanted to acquit but couldn't because of the overwhelming evidence. 

He's going to be convicted in some of these felony cases

27 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

"When the facts are against you, argue the law.  When the law is against you, argue the facts.  When the law and the facts are against you, pound on the table and yell like hell" make it political / socially divisive if you can, and hopefully enough people will support you!!

Your reply is not rooted in the law or the facts, but rather is an appeal to populism, cuz surely that's always right.... Why do you actively defend an unapologetically immoral person doing the most immoral of acts? Legally, Trump has done much worse, and has the indictments to show for it. But morally jeez -- paid sex months after your wife delivered your child; payoffs to avoid disclosure during an election and Earl, be like:  I gotcha, bossman. We sticking it to those 'evil' libtards but good!!

Edited by begooode

47 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

7 in 10 side with Trump.  It's obvious this is all a sham.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-trial-indictment-hush-money-poll-b3d9a555993faf22e6ebfaf798bfbd2b

I will give you props for using a legitimate news source. AP News is a "just the facts" organization with minimal opinion and no spin.

But as begooode said, opinion polls are irrelevant to the facts or law involved in the case, so your conclusion does not follow.

Edited by ChemEngr79

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Little Earl said:

7 in 10 side with Trump.  It's obvious this is all a sham.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-trial-indictment-hush-money-poll-b3d9a555993faf22e6ebfaf798bfbd2b

Cool, let’s see what they say after the evidence is presented in court…

Also, Trump's DOJ prosecuted Michael Cohen for, among other things, his role in this same scheme. He was convicted of a felony.

Edited by Starkiller

22 hours ago, begooode said:

No jurors selected in the first day. This, jury selection, is likely where the trial will be won or lost. The facts are not in dispute. 

6 picked today

What we know about the 7 jurors seated Tuesday

Seven jurors have been seated in Donald Trump's hush money criminal trial so far today. Here's what we know about them:

1) The first seated juror, who will be the foreperson on Trump’s jury, is a man originally from Ireland. He works in sales and has some college education. He is married but doesn’t have kids. He reads the New York Times and Daily Mail and watches some Fox News and MSNBC.

2) The second juror is an oncology nurse who lives with her fiancé. She’s a native New Yorker. She reads the New York Times and watches CNN.

3)The third seated juror is a corporate lawyer. He’s originally from Oregon. He gets his news from The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Google. He’s a younger man who’s never been married and doesn’t have kids. 

4)The fourth juror is an older Puerto Rican man who’s married with adult children and two grandkids. When asked about his hobbies, he said, "I guess my hobby is my family." He has an IT business for training and consulting and attended one year of college. He told the court he finds Trump fascinating and mysterious. “So many people are set off one way or the other and that is interesting,” the man said. “Really, this one guy can do all of this, wow.” Trump “makes things interesting,” the man said, but also didn’t indicate any strong feelings about his politics.

5)The fifth juror is a young Black woman who teaches English language in a public charter school system. She has a master’s degree in education, is not married and doesn’t have any kids. The juror said that as a person of color she has friends who have strong opinions on Trump, but she personally is not a political person. She said she tries to avoid political conversations and doesn't really care for the news. The juror did say she appreciates Trump’s candor: “President Trump speaks his mind and I’d rather that than someone who's in office who you don’t know what they’re thinking." She was also the only juror of 18 in the box Tuesday morning who said she wasn’t aware that Trump is facing charges in other criminal cases.

6)The sixth juror is a software engineer at a large broadcast company who recently graduated from college. She voiced no strong feelings about Donald Trump one way or the other and said, “I will be fair and impartial." She is not married and has no kids, currently living with three roommates in Chelsea. The juror gets her news from the New York Times, Google, Facebook and TikTok. She asked the judge whether her sister’s wedding on a Sunday in September would be a scheduling conflict. Merchan quipped, “If we were still here in September that would be a big problem,” garnering laughs in the courtroom.

7)The seventh juror is a civil litigator who is married with two kids and lives on the Upper East Side in Manhattan. Originally from North Carolina, he reads the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Post and Washington Post. He said he has "political views as to the Trump presidency" and that he thinks there were likely Trump administration policies he disagreed with. "I don't know the man and I don't have opinions about him personally," he said. "I certainly follow the news, I'm aware there are other lawsuits out there. But I'm not sure that I know anyone’s character."