Good article on how the Shanahan offenses are using tight formations to succeed

7 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

The Bengals used tight formations the least in the NFL I believe, could purely be down to personnel

The pessimists will say this is why this hire was bad.  

The optimist will say he did that because of the talent Cincy had a WR.  

The Titans fan will have to wait and see how he structures the offense when he sees what the roster looks like.  

2 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

The pessimists will say this is why this hire was bad.  

The optimist will say he did that because of the talent Cincy had a WR.  

The Titans fan will have to wait and see how he structures the offense when he sees what the roster looks like.  

spam GIF

17 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

If anyone has the ability to rewatch the SF/Ravens game, fast forward to about 40 minutes from when it started, as the commentator was talking about how Kyle Shanny goes about preparing.  I heard what he said but didn't have time to type fast enough to get it all.  Only got this much typed, but am interested what the rest of it was...

Kyle Shanahan said he goes into the game as if it's going to be a low scoring game.  If it becomes a shootout, he adjusts with more passing, but still looks to run...

Ok, I found a site I was looking for, where you can re-watch full NFL games for free.  Glad I checked up on this, because this site was just what I was looking for, since I don't pay for squat unless I have to. :D  The info below, 42 mins. into the game...

https://fullmatchtv.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens-vs-san-francisco-49ers-25-12-23/

Aikman asked Shanahan how he goes into the SF/Ravens game, when there's two high scoring offenses and two great defenses.  "Do you even allow yourself to think what the game might be like?  Is it a high scoring game, or a low scoring game?"

"He (Kyle Shanny) said, he goes into the game anticipating it being a low scoring game and then adjusts, if it becomes a shootout.  And by doing that, it allows him to get into the game in a mindset of playing a physical style and sticking to the run game."

2 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Ok, I found a site I was looking for, where you can re-watch full NFL games for free.  Glad I checked up on this, because this site was just what I was looking for, since I don't pay for squat unless I have to. :D  The info below, 42 mins. into the game...

https://fullmatchtv.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens-vs-san-francisco-49ers-25-12-23/

Aikman asked Shanahan how he goes into the SF/Ravens game, when there's two high scoring offenses and two great defenses.  "Do you even allow yourself to think what the game might be like?  Is it a high scoring game, or a low scoring game?"

"He (Kyle Shanny) said, he goes into the game anticipating it being a low scoring game and then adjusts, if it becomes a shootout.  And by doing that, it allows him to get into the game in a mindset of playing a physical style and sticking to the run game."

That sounds pedantically simplistic. "If they do the thing, we're gonna do the other thing, which allows us to stick to the thing."

Re: Callahan’s use of spread in Cincy with Burrow - he has actually talked about this. They run a ton of spread and shotgun with Burrow because that’s what he is comfortable with. They totally changed it up for Browning bc he is better under center, so they started doing more condensed formations under center for him. 

Edited by tgo

@BudsOilers even though you disagree with most of what I say and I think you're a curmudgeon, you make some good, informative posts. 

I hope Callahan can improve Levis's accuracy.  Ran can help by choosing receivers/TEs who run very precise routes. A guy like Ladd McConkey in the 2nd makes sense if they go tackle round 1.