Callahan Intro Press Conference

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hated the Vrabel hire from that initial press conference. I liked this dude right away and yes, even the emotional part. I don't think its weakness to show emotion when you've obtained the thing you

Listening to Callahan is so refreshing compared to the last few HCs. He's open. He answers questions. He's smart and not in a condescending way.    It's early, but he feels like he gets it. Tha

Posted Images

Just now, BudsOilers said:

Yes it's got a similar vibe to the Whiz hire BUT the warts with Whiz were there and Ruston always was a Corky incompetent.

Callahan is unproven but he definitely talks the talk and looks the part.  

I'm optimistic for the first time in a while.  Let's see who the OL Coach and DC are going to be.

3 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Well I do know he just won't throw up his hands and say we can't have a drop back passing game.....

Yeah, I also suspect he thinks WRs are for more than blocking, telegraphing play-calls based on formation/players is bad, and protecting the QB is important.  

Anybody remember how long it usually takes to get the coaching staff together? We talking around the beginning of next week having our OC/DC in place? Or did these things take a couple weeks? 

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

Anybody remember how long it usually takes to get the coaching staff together? We talking around the beginning of next week having our OC/DC in place? Or did these things take a couple weeks? 

Usually 2-3 weeks depending on the targets - some could still be playing if their teams make the SB.  You generally want everyone in place before the Combine.

Interested to see if he retains any of the existing staff.