NFL Week 16 Titans vs Seahawks Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

3 hours ago, Face said:

God bless your optimism. I’ve never been less interested in a Titans game. It’s a game we want to lose being QB’d by a guy who will be elsewhere next year. Levis is the only thing that interests me at this point.

Though I will say the last month or so the defense has looked closer to what I expected. Certainly not a great unit, but the pass rush has showed & the coverage has been better. Maybe we overrated the talent on defense but they still really underperformed. Makes me at least a bit hopeful that we could find something next year with some smart additions on offense if Levis keeps progressing…..

Agreed - no interest in watching either Tannehill or Henry play tbh. 

I’ll be watching Treylon Burks, Whyle, Skoronski, Spears, Otis Reese if he plays, McCreary, Tre Avery, the young Dlinemen, etc. 

This stretch should be essentially treated as preseason now. Most looking forward to Senior Bowl week in Feb.

Edited by tgo

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting rid of Watterson might have been meatheads worst decision.     Given all his awful decisions, especially with coordinators and staff, that is saying something.  

Just lose, baby!

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Face said:

God bless your optimism. I’ve never been less interested in a Titans game. It’s a game we want to lose being QB’d by a guy who will be elsewhere next year. Levis is the only thing that interests me at this point.

Though I will say the last month or so the defense has looked closer to what I expected. Certainly not a great unit, but the pass rush has showed & the coverage has been better. Maybe we overrated the talent on defense but they still really underperformed. Makes me at least a bit hopeful that we could find something next year with some smart additions on offense if Levis keeps progressing…..

At the end of the day it’s a game. We had a great run. It’s not interesting right now, true, but I wanna support some great players in their final hours and ride it out. 

Hopefully next year will be better. 

17 hours ago, Tex in a Can said:

People are acting like starting Tannehill over Willis will result in a win or even significantly increase the odds of a win, it has to be marginal at best and a lot has to break out way for that kind of result.

Lol what? It doesn't mean we are likely to win but the percentage skyrockets with Tannehill over Willis.

14 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Lol what? It doesn't mean we are likely to win but the percentage skyrockets with Tannehill over Willis.

yup from 2% to what 20%, that would be a sky rocket? Still marginal with our decrepit O-line, Tannehill is going to get sacked. I mean I root for a win but the thought of our O-line and depleted roster is daunting. If we get behind and start dropping back a lot, I'll cringe at every QB hit.

16 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

yup from 2% to what 20%, that would be a sky rocket? Still marginal with our decrepit O-line, Tannehill is going to get sacked. I mean I root for a win but the thought of our O-line and depleted roster is daunting. If we get behind and start dropping back a lot, I'll cringe at every QB hit.

Yes 2% to 20% is a massive increase lol. This isn't complicated. With Willis we were likely >1%. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Tannehill was absolute ass yesterday.

He wasn't that good but the passing stats are close to the same regardless of the QB the last few games. The pass pro makes it impossible for either QB.

But Tannehill is irrelevant at this point anyway

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

He wasn't that good but the passing stats are close to the same regardless of the QB the last few games. The pass pro makes it impossible for either QB.

But Tannehill is irrelevant at this point anyway

I'm not even talking stats. He looked completely lost out there and even when he had time was timid. More often than not, he went cockroach mode as soon as he felt any pressure. He nearly single handedly ruined the last drive taking terrible sacks. If he were any other QB I bet you'd have more to say. 

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

30 years ago on Christmas Day the Oilers beat the Steve Young led 49ers.

One of the best regular season wins in franchise history in one of the best seasons, most entertaining for sure.

That was a good day.  No SB that year, but the team was a juggernaut after the slow start.  So much fun and obviously I’ve forgotten a ton of regular season games, but not that one.

Obviously very arguable, but for me number 2 would be the Halloween ‘99 win against the Rams.  Partial because I was there, but you knew that team was going somewhere after that day. 

On 12/24/2023 at 12:06 PM, Tex in a Can said:

Tannehill is like Levis in slow motion.

It's pretty amazing to see how far he's regressed. He was obviously unmotivated. Sunday he was like a statue in the pocket and made no effort to move the pocket or escape pressure. The sack at the end of the game was inexcusable. I was one of the people who thought he was going to have a great year because he would be playing for another contract. How wrong I was.