NFL Week 16 Titans vs Seahawks Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

Just now, TeamRamrod said:

All I’m saying is y’all need to actually look at some offensive lines around the league besides this one if you really think Skoronski has been disappointing as a rookie.

I have no issue with Skoronski. It's not his fault he got inserted on a bad line or that teams view him as a guard. I think he's played reasonably well for a rookie, and I have high hopes for him as we advance.

My biggest gripe is the Titans signing Andre Dillard and drafting a guard instead of signing a guard and drafting Broderick Jones. When picking that high, it needs to be a premium position, not a position routinely found and developed later in the draft or easily acquired through free agency. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting rid of Watterson might have been meatheads worst decision.     Given all his awful decisions, especially with coordinators and staff, that is saying something.  

Just lose, baby!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TF_Titan said:

I think this is the part of the equation that's not getting enough attention. They had the worst performing OLine in the league last year...pretty much replaced everyone...and it's been even worse. Even if we accept Carthon and Vrabel have no clue how to evaluate OLine talent, it would be hard to not at least get lucky stumble on one or two productive pieces. More than any other position group the OLine has to function as a coordinated/cohesive unit. So much of an individual OLineman's success is dependent on positioning and leverage. That depends a lot on his individual size, strength and agility...but it also depends on the guy next to him being in the right position at the right time with the right leverage. If there are communication issues, someone not recognizing a stunt quick enough, etc...the entire pocket can fall apart quickly and guys can get caught back-footed trying to recover.

So while there are obvious talent issue, I also think there's a significant coaching component to why the OLine as a whole has been so bad.

We did luck into Hubbard. The one guy we expected nothing from turned out to be our best lineman. 

Not that it makes the rest of what you said untrue.

2 minutes ago, Nash said:

Caleb Farley returns to practice!! 
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/12/titans-designate-cb-caleb-farley-for-return#ref=home

Guess we’ll see whether he stays for another season or gets released/traded.. lots of moves looking at players 

Wow that’s a surprise. Maybe a born they threw to him for working through an extremely tough year for him personally. 

If he is actually playing, I believe they should move him to Free Safety. I assume he has lost a lot of that speed he once had.