AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"If you wanna get past me, you already are." - Jaelyn Duncan

AJ Brown and Davis Long were hurt all the time with the Titans.   With their new teams they haven't missed any time. Coincidence or Titan related? Either way I'm tired of it

It's a big one. All offense:   By Bob McGinn     Our draft coverage at Go Long isn’t sanitized. The goal is to provide accurate, honest appraisals of players from those who ha

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Like I said earlier, Vrabel watched last night and thought to himself how perfect it must be to win back to back games with a SB to show for it while putting up less than 20. 

Problem is this Chiefs team is a complete outlier since the Broncos 2015 team they are the only team since then to even reach the Super Bowl not having averaged scoring 27.1+pts a game in the regular season.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Problem is this Chiefs team is a complete outlier since the Broncos 2015 team they are the only team since then to even reach the Super Bowl not having averaged scoring 27.1pts a game in the regular season.

Let the man dream.

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

Considering the defenses they went against, what Mahomes did with that offense was phenomenal.  In terms of last night, their last 4 drives were TD, FG, FG, TD and the last 2 came when they HAD to.  Great.

As for Passer Rating, putting up 100 vs each when they were at 74.6 and 79.6 IS impressive.  

Good...not great. Not sure why you're arguing. 

I don't know how anyone could watch Mahomes or those defenses last night and not come away impressed. It was a great game with great players all over the field. It was the best Super Bowl I've watched in a long time, and it was fun watching Mahomes do what he does at the end and the matchups, not only with great players but two great coaches. 

5 hours ago, oldschool said:

back on topic...

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/how-brian-callahans-football-philosophy-may-impact-the-titans-draft-approach

"I landed on the Jamar Chase side because I saw what he could do for our offense.... I tend to lean to the guys that can score touchdowns." New #Titans HC Brian Callahan w/

@JaredStillman

on Cincinnati's draft decision of Chase.

They brought in one of the best oline coaches possible to fix the  oline. 

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/10/31/5-browns-o-linemen-bill-callahan/

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-ja-marr-chase-and-brian-callahan-said-after-round-one

There may have been a time when it was crazy and blasphemy to pass on a big offensive lineman in favor of a receiver. Is this pick more of an indication of just what today's game is — that you're maybe a little more lost if you don't have receivers that can win consistently, instead of old-fashioned power, protection and running the ball?

"I think what you see around the league is that it's hard to hold the ball. That's every team across the league. There's nobody that sits back and drops back and hangs onto the ball for a long time, because those guys on the other side are freak shows. With those defensive linemen and the blitz packages you see, life is hard for a lot of teams. And when you get a chance to get guys who can win on the outside — and we feel really good about the guys we have that can go win matchups and catch balls — it helps when they win fast. That's a big part of it. The teams that hold the ball for a long time are few and far between anymore. There used to be big seven-step drops and holding onto the ball. It's just too hard to do (now). The defensive linemen are too good. They present too many challenges. Now, teams have stables of two and three of them that are coming at you every week. And so guys that can go win outside are big advantages to offenses. You can dictate a little bit of a coverage structure too, and you have some big plays and some explosiveness. Now all of a sudden you get soft boxes for the run game, and all these things fit together. I think that when you have guys who can go win against these corners you have to face, the more of them that can win, the better. Just like I'm sure a bunch of defensive coordinators would sit down here and say, 'The more corners I have, the better off I'd be.' I think it's just an arms race to whoever can get the most explosive players."

I'd bet WR or TE over OT.  But that's just me guessing. 

2 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/how-brian-callahans-football-philosophy-may-impact-the-titans-draft-approach

"I landed on the Jamar Chase side because I saw what he could do for our offense.... I tend to lean to the guys that can score touchdowns." New #Titans HC Brian Callahan w/

@JaredStillman

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-ja-marr-chase-and-brian-callahan-said-after-round-one

There may have been a time when it was crazy and blasphemy to pass on a big offensive lineman in favor of a receiver. Is this pick more of an indication of just what today's game is — that you're maybe a little more lost if you don't have receivers that can win consistently, instead of old-fashioned power, protection and running the ball?

"I think what you see around the league is that it's hard to hold the ball. That's every team across the league. There's nobody that sits back and drops back and hangs onto the ball for a long time, because those guys on the other side are freak shows. With those defensive linemen and the blitz packages you see, life is hard for a lot of teams. And when you get a chance to get guys who can win on the outside — and we feel really good about the guys we have that can go win matchups and catch balls — it helps when they win fast. That's a big part of it. The teams that hold the ball for a long time are few and far between anymore. There used to be big seven-step drops and holding onto the ball. It's just too hard to do (now). The defensive linemen are too good. They present too many challenges. Now, teams have stables of two and three of them that are coming at you every week. And so guys that can go win outside are big advantages to offenses. You can dictate a little bit of a coverage structure too, and you have some big plays and some explosiveness. Now all of a sudden you get soft boxes for the run game, and all these things fit together. I think that when you have guys who can go win against these corners you have to face, the more of them that can win, the better. Just like I'm sure a bunch of defensive coordinators would sit down here and say, 'The more corners I have, the better off I'd be.' I think it's just an arms race to whoever can get the most explosive players."

Pretty insightful stuff. Odunze and Nabers are very explosive players who would fit that bill of guys who could win on the outside and get open fast. I would almost argue Odunze is the better pure X outside guy at 6'3" 215 and will probably run a 4.4. 

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

And yet the Chiefs still don't win without Mahomes dragging along an underwhelming collection of offensive skill talent (aside from Kelce).

Which I've already stated several times. That collection of misfits with Mahomes doesn't have a chance unless their defense holds the top 2 scoring offenses in the league to 10 and 19 points. 

10 minutes ago, Pragidealist said:

@JaredStillman

At 7, both MJH and Nabers all practically guaranteed to be gone and don't make me laugh about TE. You can get awesome ones alter in the draft. If the debate was between Alt and MHJ/Nabers which puts it in the Chase Sewell territory, its a different conversation. With it being between LT #1 and WR #3. I'd also add the Chase pick was a bit of an outlier. You had Burrow pounding the table for his college teammate and it was during the pandemic so they couldn't spend time with the prospects. It made a ton of sense for the Bengals to go Chase in that situation as Burrow and Chase already had tons of chemistry from playing together at LSU.