Levis named the starter moving forward

Jamalisms

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

We're still in the period of time where the Tannehill doubters are exacting their pound of flesh. When that passes and if Levis plays well enough some of that might fizzle out. 

TBF anybody who speculates on a board about NFL shit is gonna likely be more wrong than right. If not, they'd be paying us to type this stuff. But when you hit, you celebrate. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New era begins.   Please declare yourself for or against in the comments, so we can figure out the new teams.

I would have joined the mob if he said anything other than this.   RIP Fanboys.  I know it’s been miserable being wrong at every turn the past 3+ years.  But @OILERMAN @BudsOilers and @oldsc

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I literally put the word oversimplification in parenthesis after anti-Tannehill. Was this post really necessary? You didn't say anything that hasn't been discussed a million times over. 

It doesn't matter what you did. You still said it.

Yes it was necessary. 

It could've been "people who didn't think Tannehill wasn't good enough" or "people who didn't think Tannehill was ever elite" or "people who think Tannehill was average"

You chose "anti-Tannehill" as the oversimplification when it's not an accurate oversimplification. 

I'm excited about drops now. Because before, the frequency wasn't there. So one drop could kill a drive and a few could kill a half. Levis has had some really terrible drops, which should improve as the receivers get accustomed to getting the ball more.

Another symptom of low frequency passing is lack of separation. How fucking hard do you try on every play if you rarely see it? Now we have a QB who has the moxie to audible and throw it right back to that guy who dropped it to gain their trust. 

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

No worries because we saw it in the 2nd half last week......and are likely to see it some more as long as Vrabel is here.

yeah but it wasn't a factor in why the Titans lost that game

the issue is people just look at the run/pass attempts on first down and if they are skewed towards run then they start calling for Vrabels head.

doesn't seem like many posters actually look for any context beyond that.

At this point it's too bad they didn't get the extra year for drafting him in the first but maybe that extra year early will be helpful because he'll only be 72 instead of 73 when he's due for a second contract.

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

again... only if you tie everything to Tannehill and not football X's and O's in general. There really is no need for this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

It's embarrassing.  While I'm glad he rarely posts anymore, he should post less.

You're not fucking X's and O's experts. Definitely not levitating over anyone else in this forum. That's what's this is about.

So if you can at least open your brains to that after an offseason of due diligence and contract extensions you would have finally learned something.

But I doubt it. You two morons will still stick your chest out telling people how they  "don't know football" while knowing less. 

1 minute ago, bizzyeddie said:

the issue is people just look at the run/pass attempts on first down and if they are skewed towards run then they start calling for Vrabels head.

Yes it was.  They did it the entire 2nd half (7 runs/2 passes) up until the last drive with 1:44 left after being relatively balanced in the 1st half.  In that sequence, they dropped from 5.9 yards/play and 13 points (should have been 17) to 3.9 Yards/Play and 3 points.  They were 1-5 on 3rd down and 0-1 on 4th down in that span.  The 1 3rd down conversion was on a defensive penalty.....

3 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

At this point it's too bad they didn't get the extra year for drafting him in the first but maybe that extra year early will be helpful because he'll only be 72 instead of 73 when he's due for a second contract.

I'm not ready to go far, but I've thought about that. Seems like you know by year 3, and the holdout is incoming. 

10 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

flat out wrong.... Its a major issue for any offense not just the Titans. when you become predictable on 1st down, the easiest down to throw on due to defenses being in base more often than not, you get behind the chains which exposes poor OL play. You and others keep attributing this and other arguments to stances on Tannehill, Vrabel, Mariota, Henry, etc... and its misplaced/misinformed.