OOOOOOO's

bizzyeddie

I get to see their minor league team play a lot because I live a few mins from the stadium. I’m actually watching the AAA championship game right now because they are in it. Hoping the Braves make the World Series and so do the O’s so I can go to a game. 

14 hours ago, abenjami said:

Out of curiosity, which was longer?  The number of games since the last time the O's won the East or Cal Ripken Jr's consecutive game streak?

The streak is at 2632 games.  The Orioles last won the AL East in 2014.  So 10 years equals somewhere at 1620 games. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 10:42 PM, heyitsmeallen said:

I get to see their minor league team play a lot because I live a few mins from the stadium. I’m actually watching the AAA championship game right now because they are in it. Hoping the Braves make the World Series and so do the O’s so I can go to a game. 

some real good players on the Tides

what Holliday did this year moving up three level and killing it at all three is amazing

need some good vibes tonight though

hate to see the season end like this

go O's

19 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

some real good players on the Tides

what Holliday did this year moving up three level and killing it at all three is amazing

need some good vibes tonight though

hate to see the season end like this

go O's

I’m pulling for you guys! And yeah the Tides have a fun team with a lot of good prospects!

• 3 months later...

Bumping this because they got sold finally to a guy with local ties.  And they traded for Corbin Burnes without giving an entire lot.  Guess they gave up a bit but still they had the prospect capital to burn.

13 hours ago, rns90 said:

Bumping this because they got sold finally to a guy with local ties.  And they traded for Corbin Burnes without giving an entire lot.  Guess they gave up a bit but still they had the prospect capital to burn.

Great day for the Os. I'm friends with one of the guys who spends time as Mr. Splash. A lot of positive momentum around this team. 

On 2/2/2024 at 6:27 AM, Bink said:

Great day for the Os. I'm friends with one of the guys who spends time as Mr. Splash. A lot of positive momentum around this team. 

Their farm system is still LOADED.  They didn't even trade those guys that were blocked by Holliday and Henderson.  This is important because they can pick another piece at the trade deadline.  The MO lately is that teams (mostly big market) aren't averse to eating contracts to "buy" a better prospect.  So the Orioles, could concievably get another difference maker like this.

They were really good in the 90s too.  Just couldn't break through against the Yankees (had no probs w/the M's oddly enough).  They have a wonderful baseball tradition and it's great to see them contending again.  And it gets boring with Yankees/Red Sox all the time.