Episode 21 - Draft Wrap-Up - Special guest Alex Brown of Optimum Scouting

TitansGuru

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sweet. I'm still up. Might as well listen.

As always, excellent job, and thanks for the hard work. Particularly enjoyed the UDFA segment.

I'm pretty surprised to say this, but this is the most listened to episode we've put out. Even more than McClain and Kuharsky.

Guru mentioned yesterday that the new player only works in the newest skin... also said something about sending him a PM with certain info if you are having problems. I'll find that post and quote it in a second.

If you can't see a player here, please send me a PM with your OS and browser/version:

http://images.radcity.net/5885/5008695.mp3

Also, this is not working with any other skin than the new one and the mobile skin.

I see Oldschool said it, but is Oilerman also claiming that they didn't try to sign Myers and Wells?

Honestly it doesn't look like tried awfully hard to sign either one of them. Neither of them got what you would consider to be a "monster" contract. I'll probably get roasted for this, but, I'm not sure either of them would have been a clear upgrade without losing anything in the pass protection. Just my opinion though

Honestly it doesn't look like tried awfully hard to sign either one of them. Neither of them got what you would consider to be a "monster" contract. I'll probably get roasted for this, but, I'm not sure either of them would have been a clear upgrade without losing anything in the pass protection. Just my opinion though

Interesting. I do disagree, as do all media reports of our interest, but to each their own... absent an agenda to harass. I've heard people say that we were inept at missing out, but yourself and Oldschool are the first two people I've noticed saying we didn't even really try.

It does surprise me that you think those two Cs aren't that good, but then at the same time you feel we should have paid more than what their market value was in order to land them.

I agree with you.

Interesting. I do disagree, as do all media reports of our interest, but to each their own... absent an agenda to harass. I've heard people say that we were inept at missing out, but yourself and Oldschool are the first two people I've noticed saying we didn't even really try.

It does surprise me that you think those two Cs aren't that good, but then at the same time you feel we should have paid more than what their market value was in order to land them.

I'm not saying that they don't want to upgrade the position. I think that much is clear. All I'm saying is that if they felt either one of those two were a clear cut upgrade, they never would have let them get out of Nashville. Our front office has ties to Green Bay and Bruce coached in Houston the year before last if I'm not mistaken. There must have been a reason that they weren't falling all over themselves to sign them.

I'm not saying that they don't want to upgrade the position. I think that much is clear. All I'm saying is that if they felt either one of those two were a clear cut upgrade, they never would have let them get out of Nashville. Our front office has ties to Green Bay and Bruce coached in Houston the year before last if I'm not mistaken. There must have been a reason that they weren't falling all over themselves to sign them.

I tend not to believe that teams can just sign guys because they want to, as if saying "please" will seal the deal. If a team is desperate to sign a guy because of need or desire for the player, they'll be willing to wave a greater than market value contract in front of his face. Even that doesn't land everyone when a player has multiple options... and while they have shown clear desire to upgrade the position, I will agree that the Titans aren't at all desperate.

Not being desperate seems distinct from not wanting a guy or not being interested, however. You can have definite interest and still not be willing to go above a certain price point.

I'm just surprised to hear people saying we weren't interested in those guys, and maybe it's semantics... but it seems widely reported that we wanted to sign them. To say different... I don't know. I wouldn't have expected that, and I wonder how widespread the belief is.

Thanks for responding guys...I was using the player until yesterday---downloaded through Itunes today and worked fne...

I would have responded sooner but was listening to Podcast...Thanks again...

The Podcast was done extremely well again...Great job...Enjoyed hearing your insight on the players...Excellent!!!

Was anything said about Scott Solomon? If so I missed it...

Also, donkeys should have selected V.Curry in R2 and T.Manning in R5...

Thank you.

Our guest says Soloman will be a special teams guy that can work himself into the rotation at DE.

I think the Titans wanted to sign Myers or Wells but only at a certain cost, if that cost wasn't met then they were going with what they had. They didn't seem to really have an interest in the other centers aside from casual discussions.

I would have been happy with Myers or Wells myself.

Could Amano have been upgraded? Absolutely. Is he so pitiful that any center is an upgrade? No

I think the Titans wanted to sign Myers or Wells but only at a certain cost, if that cost wasn't met then they were going with what they had. They didn't seem to really have an interest in the other centers aside from casual discussions.

I would have been happy with Myers or Wells myself.

Could Amano have been upgraded? Absolutely. Is he so pitiful that any center is an upgrade? No

That's about where I expected others to be if they weren't on the Dump Amano Express.

And my point is, and again just my opinion, that if they seen either of the two as a signifigant enough of an upgrade, then that fair market price would have been a little more flexible I would think.

Me personally, I wanted them to sign Myers. However, 2 out of the 3 of the QBs he was Center for did wind up on IR. Not saying it was his fault, just not something that looks good on a resume

I did read something about Myers and him being considered a total scrub before this past two season run, the fans in Houston were talking about him like Amano gets talked about here.