tgo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tgo is ready to start bombing some shit

It's been 15 years since I had a poli-sci course on this, but if I remember correctly, it's a huge continent that only had massive regional, albeit very powerful, regimes for centuries that never real

TGO when it's time to murder other ethnicities             

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I read that too quickly and wondered what the fuck Nigeria had done…

Oh shit - I messed that up.

Nigerien vs Nigerian.

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t understand why so many political coups and civil wars happen in African nations. 

They're rife with corruption.  That gets old quick 

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t understand why so many political coups and civil wars happen in African nations. 

It's been 15 years since I had a poli-sci course on this, but if I remember correctly, it's a huge continent that only had massive regional, albeit very powerful, regimes for centuries that never really took throughout the continent. Each power also had boldly different beliefs, goals, and technologies. 

Fast forward that to the 17th century, there was tribalism, but somewhat harmony where you then add colonialism, and it poured a ton of kerosene where it wasn't needed. Fast that forward 400 years, and it's still getting sorted out. 

Plus, there's still colonialism going on to some degree or another. Just because a country pulls out of a country doesn't mean the citizens of that colonizing country leave as well and they still hold a ton of wealth. Further, it's still an easy place to make big bucks fast if you have the connections and the capital. 

I was in SA for 3 weeks for a study abroad program, barely scratched the surface and am still pondering the complexities of the situation for that singular country years later. It's centuries in the running, very complex and very big. 

But would love to hear if others are more updated or educated on the topic than my little foray into the topic long ago.