The Fan Base's view of Tannehill is pretty warped if you know Oiler/Titan Football.

BudsOilers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of that is nice and all but it doesn’t mean anything if he can’t play well in the playoffs. Bottom line is the Titans have been sent home in the playoffs every time he has had to throw the ball mo

Willing to be a lot of people would be shocked to know that Tannehill is the current Career Franchise Record holder in the following categories:   QB Win %  Passer Rating Completio

I think people know what I think of Tannehill so please don't take this the wrong way. Tannehill is good.   These historical comparisons are flawed. He definitely benefits in these historica

34 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Jacky Lee - a backup QB who played here and there in the really early Oilers AFL Years.  8.0 vs 7.9 for Tannehill.

Thanks.  I was thinking of Oiler/Titans QBs that started more than a handful of games.

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

Willing to be a lot of people would be shocked to know that Tannehill is the current Career Franchise Record holder in the following categories:

QB Win % 

Passer Rating

Completion %

TD/INT Ratio

Lowest INT%

Pct of GW Drives

Pct of 4QC

He's 2nd overall in these categories:

TD% 

YPA 

Yards Per Game

In terms of Season ranks, the metrics where it's Top 5 are:

Passer Rating: 1, 2

Yards: 3. 4 

TD: 2

INT: 1, 2, 3

Completion % - 1, 3, 4, 5

YPA: 1, 5

TD%: 2, 3

INT %: 1, 4

The Titans fanbase has rarely had anything but a warped view of Oilers/Titans Football.  The first game at the new stadium they boo'd an injured Titans player returning to the game.  They cried when Mariota was benched.  I clam up when the locals start talking about the Titans.

2 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

All of that is nice and all but it doesn’t mean anything if he can’t play well in the playoffs. Bottom line is the Titans have been sent home in the playoffs every time he has had to throw the ball more than 15 times in the game. 

The part about throwing volume does nothing for me BUT, this past season being so bad got him off the hook with me. One more playoff exit like the Bengals one and I was out on him. Fair or not, your guy should be able to go off in the playoffs at least once. I've seen him play well in the playoffs before but I've never seen him dominate and while that's not something you should always rely on, it'd be nice to know he's got that tool in his bag when we need it most. 

5 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Willing to be a lot of people would be shocked to know that Tannehill is the current Career Franchise Record holder in the following categories:

QB Win % 

Passer Rating

Completion %

TD/INT Ratio

Lowest INT%

Pct of GW Drives

Pct of 4QC

He's 2nd overall in these categories:

TD% 

YPA 

Yards Per Game

In terms of Season ranks, the metrics where it's Top 5 are:

Passer Rating: 1, 2

Yards: 3. 4 

TD: 2

INT: 1, 2, 3

Completion % - 1, 3, 4, 5

YPA: 1, 5

TD%: 2, 3

INT %: 1, 4

b..b..b..but he totally lost that Bengals playoff game and he really sucked last year, even though he had no pass protection and no receivers and Henry was injured, he still sucked.