OTA's and Mini Camp Discussion

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

I'm just pointing out that Levis not being good right now isn't a win against the "start Levis immediately" camp because their premise was to throw him into the fire and see if he is develops over the year, if not then move on with a probable very high pick. It wasn't about him being better or even good right now. That's not a comment on the wisdom of the plan.

I think that's not the best approach even for Levis as a prospect. See the NFL profile below. We know he had flaws and we know he needed time develop. That the guy has the flaws we knew he had and hasn't overcome them in a few weeks isn't really a big deal.

My biggest issue with starting Levis right away is that it would make it harder to evaluate every other position on offense if he's not able to play at the level of a proficient NFL QB. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me either, I expected a defensive back 

Then leave and never come back.

From all indications, Burks came to camp this year and is practicing like a dawg.  Whatever happened last year, happened.  I don't think it's worth arguing over or dragging the kid’s name through the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I'm just pointing out that Levis not being good right now isn't a win against the "start Levis immediately" camp because their premise was to throw him into the fire and see if he is develops over the year, if not then move on with a probable very high pick. It wasn't about him being better or even good right now. That's not a comment on the wisdom of the plan.

I think that's not the best approach even for Levis as a prospect. See the NFL profile below. We know he had flaws and we know he needed time develop. That the guy has the flaws we knew he had and hasn't overcome them in a few weeks isn't really a big deal.

It was a flawed premise from the beginning.  If that's the case, just roll with Willis and tank for the guy you really want.  Regardless, it made no sense to take Levis in the second round and keep Tannehill on the roster in a lame duck year.  IMO, this was the worst of the possible strategies.  

My preferred strategy was to go all in on one last push with Tannehill and Henry before blowing it up next year or the year after.  Barring that, I wouldn't have liked it but I would have understood if they traded away pieces, tanked hard this year, and went all in on QBOTF in 24'.  

The worst strategy imo was to ride the fence and try to remain competitive without putting enough resources into the roster to make a deep push, while also taking shots on 2nd tier QBs and hoping you got 'lucky'.  Doubling down on that strategy by saying start Levis and then if it doesn't work out we'll just dump even MORE resources into QB next year is dumb and a great way to get yourself back into the 3-13 ditch that it took them a decade to dig out of last time around.  

2 hours ago, TheChosenTitan said:

Spears will be very good

He needs to be to justify using a 3rd rounder on a RB. That pick is a likely starter elsewhere on this roster. 

Eric Gray, Deuce Vaughn, Chris Rodriguez, and Zach Evans all went in the 5th and 6th rounds. That is the metric for Spears. Is he that much better than these guys? 

5 hours ago, FireInTheHole said:

So, labeling the kid a busy before he even takes a snap in the NFL? Makes sense. Then again, some were just clamoring to throw the season away. 

When it comes to probability, you usually want to stick with the side bigger than 50.