Titans planning on Henry extension? (Rumor)

TitanPoke

2 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

If it was a pay cut with an easy out come 2024 packaged as an extension, fine.  They be idiots to give him a top of market deal locking them in long term.

They do have to come up with more cap space with someone.  Landry is the easy candidate as his 2023/2024 base salaries already are escrowed and fully guaranteed.

Actually, the titans got great value when Derrick signed his last deal.  

Its not likely but if this happens though….  I mean, how many L’s can you take??  😂😂

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm gonna go ahead and start this right now   "They need to give Spears more touches"

The last breaking news they had was that Dobbs was returning....so there's that.  In the other thread, the guy on the video looks like he's a bit downy....

LOL at blaming Henry’s fumbles on Tannehill

12 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Like I said Henry last year looked like he hast lost a stepped and kinda gained one with his mobility. I noticed he seemed to have better agility last year. 

I agree though that could've just been as much a product of dealing with the oline. No certain. Holes to explode through, needing to dance to avoid players in the backfield, etc. 

On 5/6/2023 at 7:55 AM, BlueThunder said:

Yeah, down to 20 mph and let's not forget 5 fumbles. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to see age has caught up with him. Tried to throw that quick out at the GL and he stumbled and fell at the 2.  Just not the same guy.  Maybe they are going to use him as a short yardage back/decoy.  We certainly should have better blocking.

fumbles have literally zero to do with age...

poor handoffs get attributed to the RB and there was a couple of flukes where he was fighting for extra yards and someone snuck up behind. Its what happens when your QB isnt making plays in the passing game or he gets hurt so much he cant play.. other guys have to try to do more to make up for it.

Tennessee. Feels like the Titans are a slow start from Will Levis playing by Nov. 1, selling Derrick Henry by the trade deadline, and building for 2024.  

Peter King thinks this is in Titans future. Has us ranked 18th

On 5/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, titanruss said:

poor handoffs get attributed to the RB and there was a couple of flukes where he was fighting for extra yards and someone snuck up behind. Its what happens when your QB isnt making plays in the passing game or he gets hurt so much he cant play.. other guys have to try to do more to make up for it.

LOL at blaming Henry’s fumbles on Tannehill

3 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

You are dreaming. He's been on the block for a month.  Everyone in the NFL knows he is on the down side, and hardly any teams draft or sign BLOCKING receivers other than this group. So no team is a real "fit" for him. You are looking through rose colored glasses. You can put more gas in, but the motor is tired.

Tannehill? 

On 5/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, titanruss said:

Wait, so you're claiming that Henry's fumbled were because Tannehill and other QBs struggled to convert 3rd and longs, caused by DH getting the ball almost every early down?  

Jesus fucking christ...there's dumb, and then there is the ABT dumb.

2 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Wait, so you're claiming that Henry's fumbled were because Tannehill and other QBs struggled to convert 3rd and longs, caused by DH getting the ball almost every early down?  

I think a part of what he was talking about is a couple missed handoffs by Willis. I'm actually unsure if those counted against Henry or Willis. @NewsToTom do you have that info? 

His other points where definitely over the top, but he is right that 3 of the 5 Henry fumbles were on plays where he was fighting for extra yardage. Still, he's making excuses for Henry and that's bullshit. Henry wouldn't make excuses for them and knows it was a problem. I highly doubt it happens again for the rest of his career. 

3 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

No, not all of them .... as I stated. 

but continue to make up absolutes in your head for some reason?

Jesus Christ there's dumb... and then there's someone who hasn't paid attention to who they are arguing with and needing to use an acronym that makes no sense to fit in dumb. 

Edited by titanruss

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think a part of what he was talking about is a couple missed handoffs by Willis. I'm actually unsure if those counted against Henry or Willis. @NewsToTom do you have that info? 

His other points where definitely over the top, but he is right that 3 of the 5 Henry fumbles were on plays where he was fighting for extra yardage. Still, he's making excuses for Henry and that's bullshit. Henry wouldn't make excuses for them and knows it was a problem. I highly doubt it happens again for the rest of his career. 

Go back and look at earl campbells fumbles and see how that's somehow ok. 

look at fumbles per touch for the league. 

look at misattributed fumbles...

did he fumble a couple times? Yeah. That happens. Is it because of old age?  No and it never has been related to age before...

that's the argument. 

@IowaOiler is just a douche looking for a fight but he's too easy to beat so meh... bored.