Report: Skoronski Will Start at Left Guard

tgo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't wait to see Skoronski's perfect technique as NPF gets boat raced on the right and Brunskil and Brewer get flattened in the center. It's a real shame because if RT had time back there, he'd be ab

If the first rep he gets is at LG, that does not mean he won't end up at LT.  People need to let it play out.  One thing for sure is that he'll be starting somewhere day 1.

I mean if the choice is a raw tackle that you don't think can start right away or a versatile Olineman who can DEFINITELY play high level guard this year and PROBABLY can be a tackle next year.... I t

Posted Images

I'm personally excited to have an All-pro LG. If Duncan develops and can takeover LT by week 6, we're gonna have a quick and powerful left side. 

Might finally buy a "Run Left" hat from Lewan. 

Better coaches than ours viewed him as a capable LT prospect.

FvS-TVUXsAAUig-?format=jpg&name=900x900

Of course he could work his way there over some time, but for a supposed outright declaration about this when the other options are Andre Dillard or whatever other misfits are in contention just seems wildly irrational.

I’d say the odds are good that Skoronski starts out as guard with Dillard at LT. Eventually Dillard gets cut (or his contract expires if he plays well enough) and the Titans then shift Skoronski to LT. 

Also, I think Skoronski will get his share of snaps at LT in camp. If Dillard were to get hurt, Skoronski would be the best backup LT available to take his place. Easier to play a backup LG without much dropoff. 

Edited by Starkiller

3 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Vrabel also said the OL was a work in progress.  I'd imagine they'll give Dillard first dibs at LT but they could flip them pretty easily given how versatile the guys are.

I would bet that they promised Dillard a shot at LT since I believe that tackle is what he wants to play.  Probably not set in stone...

On draft night, I remember Daniel Jeremiah saying Skoronski would go inside at G, but also thought he could play RT if need be.  Guess we'll find out.  Dude can probably play anywhere on the line in a pinch, if he had to.  I think Dillard starts at LT.