tgo

• tgo changed the title to Report: Skoronski Will Start at Left Guard
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't wait to see Skoronski's perfect technique as NPF gets boat raced on the right and Brunskil and Brewer get flattened in the center. It's a real shame because if RT had time back there, he'd be ab

If the first rep he gets is at LG, that does not mean he won't end up at LT.  People need to let it play out.  One thing for sure is that he'll be starting somewhere day 1.

I mean if the choice is a raw tackle that you don't think can start right away or a versatile Olineman who can DEFINITELY play high level guard this year and PROBABLY can be a tackle next year.... I t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Brutal. An OG at 11 and the 4th QB off the board with a borderline first is a scary start for Ran. Curious if it’ll work out for him.

An all-pro guard is good value at #11. Just be glad we didn’t take Gibbs.

5 minutes ago, Thrill said:

An all-pro guard is good value at #11. Just be glad we didn’t take Gibbs.

IF he becomes an All-Pro OG. There is risk with all players. Way too many people went with that assumption.

”Welp if he can’t play LT he’s for sure an AP OG!”

Edited by TheBukafax

10 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Bruh. People really thought I was just hating on the kid but this was my worry. Clearly the Titans weren't as worried about drafting an LT of the future as I was. I'll wait to see if they try him at LT and how he fares before the "I told you so's" go out to certain people. Btw, people are just full on convinced he'll be an All-pro guard despite him never even playing the position. What happens if he turns out to be an average guard or an above average guard? Still think the value wasn't an issue?

I think this is about fulfilling the promise to Dillard. Some people said that was tripe, but I harped on it that I doubted we would take a guy like B Jones. I said Johnson wouldn't be available and Skoronski made more sense given that his position wasn't set. 

Who knows how it all works out, but if he's strictly an LG he better be a day one All-Pro type. He has the skillset and athleticism for it. If Dillard isn't a plus at LT then we'll either swing Skoronski out next year or once again be choosing OL in the 1st. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think this is about fulfilling the promise to Dillard. Some people said that was tripe, but I harped on it that I doubted we would take a guy like B Jones. I said Johnson wouldn't be available and Skoronski made more sense given that his position wasn't set. 

Who knows how it all works out, but if he's strictly an LG he better be a day one All-Pro type. He has the skillset and athleticism for it. If Dillard isn't a plus at LT then we'll either swing Skoronski out next year or once again be choosing OL in the 1st. 

Precisely. And not to be the debbie downer again but we are now betting on two things happening that these players have never done. We need Skoronski to transition to playing guard at a high level and Dillard to play full time LT at a high level. If either of these fail we might be picking pretty high again. I hope it all works but I don't like the odds. This is the risk you take.