Start Will Levis Day One

code

This is an outrageously talented top 11

There aren't even any "maybe" guys, all 11 are objectively fantastic players

FvERmnsWIA0MNep?format=jpg&name=medium

Don't mind starting #17 but the keys should be in Levis' hands by midseason. Evaluating and assessing him as a long term asset is the most important task. He's 24 years old, not a 22 year old like Mahomes/Allen/Herbert were in their first seasons.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's 24. He's not getting bigger, stronger faster. He is who he is p He will only be on a 4 year contract. He comes from pro style offense. Most importantly, the Colts and Texans

The ABT moniker started out mocking the extremists who argued for a schizophrenic approach to the QB position: start Malik, start Dobbs, trade for Rodgers, sign Carr, draft any rookie QB. It didn't ma

Make him earn it 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

The issue isn't whether the offense will be good or bad.

The issue is whether RT or Levis makes it better to start the season.

Virtually zero question that Tannehill would be the better player Day 1.

4 minutes ago, ctm said:

Notice that no one in this thread has advanced any argument whatsoever that Levis will be the better player to start the season.  Nothing.

I don't think I've seen anyone claim Levis will ever be a better player than Tannehill, which in itself is pretty hysterical given the main reasoning behind moving on from Tannehill....

He has potential to be better but that's meaningless until he shows it. Considering we're but a few days since he was drafted, it's less hysterical and more that it makes sense nobody is saying what he will do.

I am still curious what has to change for Tannehill to get another deal here.

We all laid out a ton of reasons why it made sense for the Titans to rework his deal and yet they didn't seem to want to.

Before this draft many here also said age was not a factor that should be considered. The only reasons given for his decline were poor OL and WR play and his injury. If the Titans thought that they would have extended him.

I don't think the Titans are box score scouting their own QB, so something other than improved statistics needs to happen if they're going to retain Tannehill.

30 minutes ago, stormi said:

This is an outrageously talented top 11

There aren't even any "maybe" guys, all 11 are objectively fantastic players

FvERmnsWIA0MNep?format=jpg&name=medium

Don't mind starting #17 but the keys should be in Levis' hands by midseason. Evaluating and assessing him as a long term asset is the most important task. He's 24 years old, not a 22 year old like Mahomes/Allen/Herbert were in their first seasons.

Will be interesting if the wheels completely fall off and we end up with a top pick next year to land a QB.

13 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

I don't think I've seen anyone claim Levis will ever be a better player than Tannehill, which in itself is pretty hysterical given the main reasoning behind moving on from Tannehill....

20 minutes ago, ctm said:

Notice that no one in this thread has advanced any argument whatsoever that Levis will be the better player to start the season.  Nothing.

The main reason to move on from Tannehill is he isn't good enough. When you start from that mindset, you don't need to ask a lot more questions about Levis or anyone else.

Levis will get a chance because we can't move forward with Tannehill.

Nobody is scouting Levis, we've scouted Tannehill.

Edited by big2033

17 minutes ago, ctm said:

That's because the people who want to start Levis do not want to start him because they think he's better than Tannehill.

Some teams play their young players to get experience instead of a veteran who might give them a better change to win. I fully agree that there's no indication that the Titans are doing that. It's a valid opinion though. They just disagree with what the Titans and many here want to do.

3 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Will be interesting if the wheels completely fall off and we end up with a top pick next year to land a QB.

Its virtually impossible for the team to be bad enough to get the top pick next year. Unless Willis plays that is.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its virtually impossible for the team to be bad enough to get the top pick next year. Unless Willis plays that is.

Ya it would obviously take something like Tannehill going down to even have a shot at it. 

16 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

He has potential to be better but that's meaningless until he shows it. Considering we're but a few days since he was drafted, it's less hysterical and more that it makes sense nobody is saying what he will do.

Nope.  It's hysterical because the whole "potential" is rooted purely in hope.  Not in the assessment of the player's abilities to date.  The concerns with accuracy and decision making is why he didn't go round 1 to begin with.

The hope is that he miraculously improves in these areas.  If not, he's Jake Locker.

10 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I mean we were 6-6 last season in games that #17 played and his numbers have been declining yearly since his bell curve peak in the 2019/2020 seasons. We also haven't given him any real weapons to work with maybe as an indirect towards our intentions for the immediate future.

I doubt we'll be top 3 or even top 5 bad, but a top 8 pick would leave us in a great spot to hit a homerun on a foundational piece.