Round Two, Pick 33 Overall: Titans Select Will Levis. Tannehill’s Successor Secured

tgo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Russini was right!  The Titans traded up with Arizona for a QB.

I think we got a better quarterback at 33 than the Colts did at 4. 

Levis it is   

Posted Images

Just now, kytitansfan said:

Yeah check out that o-line.  5 Dennis Daleys…

IMO, you can't say Tannehill's awful situation last year made it near impossible to succeed if you don't do the same for Levis. The kid had issues of his own but got hung out to dry. Gotta be logically consistent. 

On 4/28/2023 at 8:40 PM, TerryBoats said:

Hopefully he proves everyone here wrong.   There's not too much reason to be optimistic about it though.

Yall are way too far into the negative. He's a first round prospect with close to elite athleticism, a cannon of an arm, and is actually solid going through progressions with anticipation. His 2021 tape was a lot better than 2022. He has a huge ceiling. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yall are way too far into the negative. He's a first round prospect with close to elite athleticism, a cannon of an arm, and is actually solid going through progressions with anticipation. His 2021 tape was a lot better than 2022. He has a huge ceiling. 

The flaws are enough to have serious concerns. Both optimism and pessimism are warranted in this case. Having all the tools is no guarantee the guy ever puts it all together and what usually happens is they don't. A positive mindset is fine especially since we have no control over the situation but it's good to be sober about the situation. 

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The flaws are enough to have serious concerns. Both optimism and pessimism are warranted in this case. Having all the tools is no guarantee the guy ever puts it all together and what usually happens is they don't. A positive mindset is fine especially since we have no control over the situation but it's good to be sober about the situation. 

Well yeah of course he has major concerns, but so did Richardson and Stroud. It would have taken massive capital to have a shot at either of them. I'll take Levis for a 2nd and 4th all day over mortgaging the future for prospects with that many flaws. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Well yeah of course he has major concerns, but so did Richardson and Stroud. It would have taken massive capital to have a shot at either of them. I'll take Levis for a 2nd and 4th all day over mortgaging the future for prospects with that many flaws. 

Sure Stroud would've been a much bigger investment but all things being equal, I wouldn't be concerned about Stroud and would be calling for him to be a day starter. All concerns are not made equal. Levis is objectively further away from being an NFL starter and as such more concern is warranted.

Do I think Levis is best QB coming out - NO! But he has great potential and we state we will develop him!

Our draft addressed current and future!  Improve our OL!  Then put him out there!  With good OL he and Tannehill (not long term answer) look better.   Next year go get Harrison 

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Sure Stroud would've been a much bigger investment but all things being equal, I wouldn't be concerned about Stroud and would be calling for him to be a day starter. All concerns are not made equal. Levis is objectively further away from being an NFL starter and as such more concern is warranted.

There's a higher floor w/Stroud and less volatility.  The other 2 QB's (Richardson and Levis) are more high variance and you really don't know what you may get (good or bad).

30 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

IMO, you can't say Tannehill's awful situation last year made it near impossible to succeed if you don't do the same for Levis. The kid had issues of his own but got hung out to dry. Gotta be logically consistent. 

We heard that for years regarding Mariota when the fact is that he simply couldn't throw the ball from a clean pocket or avoid sacks in situations where his peers managed to avoid them. These weren't mere observations, this was supported by data. 

Likewise, Levis was one of the very worst offenders in college football at taking sacks when he experienced pressure.  He's borderline unplayable at over 25% pressure to sack ratio (nearly double the next of the top QB prospects).  Defenses are going to have a field day with that.  

Regarding Tannehill, yes the OL was horrific last year.  But avoiding sacks has been his biggest issue throughout his career.  It's quite surprising that they decided to draft a QB who is even worse in this area.

Edited by TerryBoats

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

Vrabel isn't going yo want 2 consecutive losing seasons on his resume. You're essentially throwing in the towel if you start Levis rightr way. Unless Levis really blows them away in OTA and TC, I fully expect Tannehill to be starting week 1

This is the only logical answer

My thoughts on Levis:

I am thrilled we got a player we clearly liked AFTER getting an elite OL in around 1. That’s a really good value. 

Levis was not my favorite prospect, but I kind of have to wonder if many of us who aren’t scouts bought into all the negativity around him. I said last night, I like him much better at 33 than 11 especially since we might have taken the best OL in the Draft.  

The likelihood of Tannehill ever getting back to his 19 and 20 production was quite slim and I had no desire to see him get extended for $30M+ per year. Tannehill’s ceiling is clear and it’s not a SB. 

Now, in 2024 it will be the Will Levis show and we will have a ton of cap space to build a roster of weapons around him. The OL is now most likely improved and fixed. Excited to see if we finally have our franchise QB.  We shall see.

Edited by AvgJoe

2 minutes ago, TerryBoats said:

We heard that for years regarding Mariota when the fact is that he simply couldn't throw the ball from a clean pocket or avoid sacks in situations where his peers managed to avoid them. These weren't mere observations, this was supported by data. 

Likewise, Levis was one of the very worst offenders in college football at taking sacks when he experienced pressure.  He's borderline unplayable at over 25% pressure to sack ratio (nearly double the next of the top QB prospects).  Defenses are going to have a field day with that.  

Supporting casts matter. I'm definitely not going into this debate though.

Levis is such a hard prediction.  Had he come out last year, he and Pickett would have been QB 1 and 2 in that draft. Revisiting a couple 2021 games, he looked phenomenal....especially in the Play action game, hitting the crosses like we just love to do in our offense here. 2022 isn't the same player at all, but his supporting cast didn't lend much support either.  Like many here have said, lots to love about his game, equally as much cringe worthy. I believe most of the cringe worthy stuff can be coached out of him. Decisions, taking unnecessary hit, etc. Gonna be a fun pre-season if nothing else.

Edited by titans79

23 hours ago, Mercalius said:

Good interview.  I’m not sure how the arrogant narrative started with him but he doesn’t give that vibe at all here. 

At the end of the day he’s a 6”4 225 lb QB who looks like he was spat out of an ideal-QB-physical- traits facility.  He also scored super high on the S2 test that everyone is so enamored with and had a very productive college career on a very flawed team in the SEC.   He’s a Titan now and he’s anyone but Tannehill (couldn’t resist lol) so here’s hoping he pans out.  Even though to be totally honest, his size and appearance do make him look like him and Tanny could be siblings 😂

Yeah I don't get any of that vibe off him. He isn't a soft spoken beta like Mariota, but I don't get the impression he's a prick at all.