Titans finalizing deal with SMB

Sargo

12 minutes ago, Bucsfan said:

Ha, it's a chat room. If you can't deal with dark humor, stay away. I was just kind of curious how Titans fans were feeling about SMB.

But got no love for Josh Allen, seems like the Bills window closed pretty quick.

Besides, what would I want with him. We have Baker Mayfield! Lord help us.

What's the Bucs guys thoughts on trading up? You are at the back end of the range I wouldn't mind us trading back.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like the most about this is it gives us some flexibility regarding Fulton. If Fulton has another up and down year we can opt to let him go and just extend SMB who is a better player right now.

This is perfect. SMB can hold it down until Farley recovers and comes back to lock down opposing teams. 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Bucsfan said:

Ha, it's a chat room. If you can't deal with dark humor, stay away. I was just kind of curious how Titans fans were feeling about SMB.

But got no love for Josh Allen, seems like the Bills window closed pretty quick.

Chat room?

David Spade Boomer GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

48 minutes ago, Bucsfan said:

SMB is a good piece to add to a talented secondary.  He's a good athlete, makes plays, and he'll have the benefit of playing behind a very good front 7.  

1 hour ago, Callidus said:

What's the Bucs guys thoughts on trading up? You are at the back end of the range I wouldn't mind us trading back.

Our GM isn't one for huge moves, but will move a spot or two if the player they want is close. We traded up a spot or two to make sure we got Wirfs in 2020 and that one worked out well.

Truth is we are in a weird spot. Too talented to tank, not good enough for a ring. Not having a clear idea of where next year's draft pick will be will definitely keep the team grounded on draft day.

Just now, Bucsfan said:

Our GM isn't one for huge moves, but will move a spot or two if the player they want is close. We traded up a spot or two to make sure we got Wirfs in 2020 and that one worked out well.

Truth is we are in a weird spot. Too talented to tank, not good enough for a ring. Not having a clear idea of where next year's draft pick will be will definitely keep the team grounded on draft day.

Our teams situations are oddly similar I must say. Even if we both take a turn for the worse we still could end up backing into the playoffs with our terrible divisions.

17 hours ago, Titans279 said:

They certainly aren't swinging for the fences this year but they are making moves that allow them to remain competitive while building towards the future.

The real kicker for me are the back ups and rookie OL that have been placed in the hands of a rookie OLine coach tasked with improving the unit. Theoretically, it should be better by virtue of us just being rock bottom last year, but can’t say I expect by much. 

5 hours ago, Bucsfan said:

What are your thoughts on Todd Heap's driving skills?

On 3/20/2023 at 11:55 AM, SleepingTitan said:

plane dropping GIF

I think this "bongo" needs to be KYC'd. Blow me farmer boy? When tf did bongo ever talk like that, with or without the million dots in between each word?

I think Kruse has been kidnapped, put into a basement, and is currently being told to put the lotion on its skin. Not that I'm advocating for a rescue mission... but it'd be nice to get a satellite feed of it. For research purposes. 

20 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Oh come on.  You think the brand new GM is going rogue?  

As for last year, they make the playoffs, even as flawed as they were, if Tannehill doesn't miss 5 games.  Not to mention losing Lewan and Landry to season ending injuries at the beginning of the season.

I'm not saying he's going rogue.  I'm saying he may not be telling Amy that the team isn't going to be sniffing a shot at anything meaningful, anytime soon. 

As for last year, you're probably right about making the playoffs if Tannehill doesn't miss time, regardless of Landry and Lewan.  That said, it would have been one-and-done again, without a doubt.  The team is only 'successful' because we play in a pathetic division, and that division looks to be getting better. 

20 hours ago, TitanPoke said:

Division is probably still going to be bad enough for us to be in the hunt. 

I don't know.  A lot depends on Lawrence, but at least he has a coach that wants to run a 21st century offense.  Pederson took them to the playoffs his first year...something not even the great meathead could do. 

Just now, IowaOiler said:

I'm not saying he's going rogue.  I'm saying he may not be telling Amy that the team isn't going to be sniffing a shot at anything meaningful, anytime soon. 

As for last year, you're probably right about making the playoffs if Tannehill doesn't miss time, regardless of Landry and Lewan.  That said, it would have been one-and-done again, without a doubt.  The team is only 'successful' because we play in a pathetic division, and that division looks to be getting better. 

I don't know.  A lot depends on Lawrence, but at least he has a coach that wants to run a 21st century offense.  Pederson took them to the playoffs his first year...something not even the great meathead could do. 

Texans did just get a lot better too. I liked their Schultz and Singletary signings.