Titans finalizing deal with SMB

Sargo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like the most about this is it gives us some flexibility regarding Fulton. If Fulton has another up and down year we can opt to let him go and just extend SMB who is a better player right now.

This is perfect. SMB can hold it down until Farley recovers and comes back to lock down opposing teams. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

What I like the most about this is it gives us some flexibility regarding Fulton. If Fulton has another up and down year we can opt to let him go and just extend SMB who is a better player right now. Probably my favorite signing so far. Then again, I just love corners. 

I love good corners, and SMB is a good corner. I love this signing. 

16 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

What I like the most about this is it gives us some flexibility regarding Fulton. If Fulton has another up and down year we can opt to let him go and just extend SMB who is a better player right now. Probably my favorite signing so far. Then again, I just love corners. 

You really can't have enough good corners. We went into last year thinking we had plenty in Fulton, McCreary, Molden, and Farley returning. 

That quickly turned into Molden essentially missing the year, Fulton missing a big chunk, and Farley flopping. 

I'm curious to see how Tre Avery factors in. He showed some glimpses last year.  Curious to see how he improves with a full offseason. Probably smart to go into the season with him as depth and see where it goes. 

With Vrabels comments about Fulton I could truly see him being gone next offseason. If he misses time he will for sure be gone. Even if he puts together a full season he will want a big payday and I doubt there is much confidence he can string together seasons without missing time. 

2 hours ago, Thumbtack said:

I actually don't mind these prove it deals at all.

Neither do I. If he's productive and stays healthy, extend him. If not, let him walk. It may cost a little more in the long run but it's safer.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

No it doesn't its only a 1 year deal so if the Titans like a CB at a certain position the draft, they would still pull the trigger.

What it does help is not having to depend on draft picks as first year starters and immediate contributors.  (although it's great when that does work out)

Edited by freakingeek

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Or we trade him and his bum hammies. Vrabel despises weak hamstrings. 

55 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

What it does help is not having to count on the draft picks as first year starters and immediate contributors.  (although it's great when that does work out)

Yes, most of these guys are low cost, potentially high upside bandaids