Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

It's so weird how so many fans want to get rid of the Titans few impact players (again, to pretend some higher understanding of the game) but don't actually want to admit that they are just calling for a rebuild.

The same ones will then use the argument that Tannehill has no talent around to be expected to win. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Safety is the one position you can't evaluate as a fan.  It's why when you say things like this, I know, beyond any doubt, that you don't know what you're talking about.

I won't deny that Byard makes a big impact because it's reflected in the way the team talks about him, his turnovers, and his salary.  But to pretend like you're seeing something on 'tape' that others can't see is completely disingenuous and screams of the fake persona you try to aspire to.  

What?

So he does make a big impact, is the leader of the secondary on the field, and makes big plays. It's okay to say I agree with you Titansfan.

9 minutes ago, titansfan said:

What?

So he does make a big impact, is the leader of the secondary on the field, and makes big plays. It's okay to say I agree with you Titansfan.

Clearly incapable of any sort of nuance.  You go right to the extreme to try and distract from what was said.  You accused someone else of not watching the game and pretended to have some sort of higher understanding of what Byard did based on watching the game yourself.  

It doesn't work that way.  Hence, I know you're full of shit.  

But yes, I agree with your premise that Byard is an impactful player.  See what I did there?  Try it sometime.  

Edited by Justafan

For a guy who gets 3 or 4 picks a year, Byard is not what I would call impactful per se.  He's not great in coverage.  Good player - great teammate, leader, etc. 

I also don't know if rules today really allow impactful safeties - you can't have the enforcer guys like back in the day taking guys out across the middle and a true cover FS like Ed Reed or prime Earl Thomas is not Byard's game.

This is a positional value stance by the new regime.  They may "deal" with it for 2023 but they'd be dumb to give him a third big contract.

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

Clearly incapable of any sort of nuance.  You go right to the extreme to try and distract from what was said.  You accused someone else of not watching the game and pretended to have some sort of higher understanding of what Byard did based on watching the game yourself.  

It doesn't work that way.  Hence, I know you're full of shit.  

But yes, I agree with your premise that Byard is an impactful player.  See what I did there?  Try it sometime.  

You agree. That's all that needs to be stated. You're acting like I said I've reviewed the tape and broke down coverages. What I said is well known, reported stuff

3 minutes ago, titansfan said:

You agree. That's all that needs to be stated. You're acting like I said I've reviewed the tape and broke down coverages. What I said is well known, reported stuff

Jesus you are dense.  I don't care about your take.  I care about the disingenuous way you present yourself while talking down to others with WAY more football knowledge than you.  

11 hours ago, tgo said:

I kind of wonder if Vrabel threatened to beat Ran Carthon up if he went through with releasing Byard :D

All they reportedly did was ask him to take a pay cut. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nash said:

If Budda  Baker is indeed wanting out of Arizona, then I could see Byard going there as part of a package to move up to 3.. but only for Stroud, assuming either the Panthers or Texans take Young..

Byard's value isn't anywhere close to where it would need to be for anything other than a throw in on a larger comp.