Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

Ran said something once about "Ryan had decisions to make" and I always assumed that related to a contract offer and negotiations. One could imagine it meant he was considering his actual future and whether or not to play, then you link that with frustrations from the year before and seeking counseling to say maybe there's been some hint that he's just feeling close to done.

But I'd still be surprised, borderline shocked. It seems the least likely option between playing on deal, getting new deal, trade and retire.

If I were to put myself in Tanny's shoes, I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to move again. It seems like he's pretty settled down in Florida and has a good little home base in West Nash. He doesn't seem like someone who wants to uproot his family again or leave his family and stay in a hotel/airbnb for a year like Jay Cutler did. With that being said, I'd be shocked if he retired. But it would be the most hilarious outcome of this offseason. 

Edited by Thrill

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Thrill said:

When did RC say this?

He never did in any interview I ever heard.  What he said was that it was a difficult time for Tannehill and his family to constantly hear rumors/speculation about him being traded or cut.  In the same context, Carthon said that never came from inside the organization and that he too was annoyed by the constant media speculation about Tannehill.

It's morphed into this narrative unless there is an interview I've never seen presented by anyone.

36 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

He never did in any interview I ever heard.  What he said was that it was a difficult time for Tannehill and his family to constantly hear rumors/speculation about him being traded or cut.  In the same context, Carthon said that never came from inside the organization and that he too was annoyed by the constant media speculation about Tannehill.

It's morphed into this narrative unless there is an interview I've never seen presented by anyone.

Yeah. I've listened to most of what Carthon's said as GM and he's never indicated Tannehill had "decisions to make." 

2 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

No, he said it verbatim. But also in passing, which is why I've never really lingered on it as a point to make. I think it can be blown out of proportion but nobody knows what he meant, really. It was in the interview where he said he's not going to negotiate through the media.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!

*Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*

Titans fans in 2023: "No, not like that"!

This is the truth. Everyone’s all for it until it’s a fan favorite and shit gets real. 

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

No, he said it verbatim. But also in passing, which is why I've never really lingered on it as a point to make. I think it can be blown out of proportion but nobody knows what he meant, really. It was in the interview where he said he's not going to negotiate through the media.

If it’s the Buck Reising interview, no he didn’t say that verbatim……8:50 to 10:55 on the attached is where he talks about Tannehill.  Very clear the tough time comment was tied to the constant speculation chatter…..

18 minutes ago, 2Pacalypsenow said:

I started to turn on him with that Henry trade talk. He is literally going after guys he has a connection to, and trying to axe guys that are already here that are good players and under pretty team friendly contracts. Its not their fault this franchise is in flux, so stop trying to punish them with pay cut talk and cutting them.

I believe every year teams should have 1 goal, reach the Superbowl, no matter what the roster looks like. But sometimes you just have to accept you might have a down year. Although I don't think this team is that bad. The GM needs to focus on the Draft. His history of drafting well and recognizing talent is what I am hoping for.

Hey dummy, the contract Henry has is not team friendly. How the fuck did you come up with that? 

Also, how the fuck is this clown still able to post after dropping the “n” bomb? 

9 hours ago, TitansAB said:

You’d be wrong. 

Plus, what an asinine statement that is. 

It's the team selling the PSLs this time around for their part of the stadium bill, not the Sports Authority for the city's share. In terms of dollars, those PSL sales account for a lot more money than any player contract; these are football moves moer than business moves.

5 hours ago, Righteous said:

The decision may be harder than just retirement.  If he decides to play, he will be traded.  Now his family will have to move to a new city and adjust.  Does he want to go through that to continue to play football?  I am sure that is what the hold-up is.  Either way, Tannehill will not be in a Titans uniform again.

His home is in Miami.