Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It’s just the cap. There’s only so much to go around. If they pay Byard, they can’t pay someone else. Opportunity cost.

They only save 6 mil this year and have to either spend some of it on a replacement or draft someone. It’s an odd move imo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

Just now, Titans279 said:

They only save 6 mil this year and have to either spend some of it on a replacement or draft someone. It’s an odd move imo

That's why they want a restructure.  Trade/Cut is the last resort for the Titans.  And as much as I like Byard, he is getting overpaid (not Ran's fault).

If Stillman ends up wrong on this - what little reputation he has left is totally trashed.

He was the one that reported the McGlinchey and the Titans had mutual interest and was obviously wrong.

30 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

The dumbest thing is to keep enough assets to prevent a full rebuild next year.  Either we keep people that we feel we can compete with or we go full rebuild.  This half-ass shit is was keeps you mediocre for a decade.

Which is why it's hilarious that people seem to think a soon to be 30 yr old RB and soon to be 35 yr old QB are safe.

If this team is truly moving towards a system based more on analytics then they're on the table too. It's just about whether or not they can get value on the return.

Edited by reo

Just now, scine09 said:

Did I misread it?  I could've sworn someone posted in the Dupree thread that after releasing him they'd have the second most cap space.  Maybe I didn't read it correctly and it was the 2nd most in 2024?

That's correct second most in 2024, I posted it.  

For 2023, Spotrac lists them at +17.3M,  But that doesn't account for Dillard, Key, Brunskill, A-Shaair, or NWI.  In addition, they have post-June expenses of the draft class, the practice squad, and money for in season IR held in reserve.  Add it up and they are in the hole.

22 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Lol, pretty different from headline.

Yep.  He said thought he would be traded but now expects them to run it back with Tannehill.  Me personally I am surprised they have not extended him even if they plan to move on in 2024 you could still trade him for picks 

Just now, Titans279 said:

Ya it is strange from a team building perspective unless they have someone they think can fill in at safety but I just don't see it. Right now all I can think is hooker to FS and use the old dude that filled in for hooker as his replacement last year. 

Just now, reo said:

Which is why it's hilarious that people seem to think a soon to be 30 yr old RB and soon to be 35 yr old QB are safe.

The QB plays the most important position in the sport and all the backup level/mediocre starting QB's are gone.  He's safe.  They would have did what the Raiders did with Carr if they were serious on moving him.

Just now, rns90 said:

The QB plays the most important position in the sport and all the backup level/mediocre starting QB's are gone.  He's safe.  They would have did what the Raiders did with Carr if they were serious on moving him.

Go easy on him....

Failure Countdown To Christmas GIF by Hallmark Channel

1 minute ago, ctm said:

That's correct second most in 2024, I posted it.  

For 2023, Spotrac lists them at +17.3M,  But that doesn't account for Dillard, Key, Brunskill, A-Shaair, or NWI.  In addition, they have post-June expenses of the draft class, the practice squad, and money for in season IR held in reserve.  Add it up and they are in the hole.

My fault.  I still don’t like it, however.  There’s gotta be other ways to operate than releasing one of the heart and souls of the team who is still playing at a high level.

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Exactly, There is no replacement and despite the calls of some posters they aren't tanking or playing Willis.

Edited by ctm

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

I'll play: who the fuck is your starter if you dump Tannehill now?  Reotard strikes again.

Your reading comprehension skills are pretty low, aren't they? 

Go back and read my post again.