Stillman says Byard has requested his release from the Titans

BudsOilers

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If "impending retirement" is a dumbass way to say he's getting older, I'm banning the next douche who posts one of that guy's tweets.

Titans fans in 2022: "This roster is old, over-paid, and way too injury prone. We have to tear it down completely"!   *Ran cuts most of the old, over-paid, or injury prone players*  

I'm mad as fuck. I want Carthon gone 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

IMO it's just ridiculous.  They can afford to pay him as is.  

That’s what happens with moneyball bullshit thinking they can just plug any joe back there and he’ll produce the same analytics only takes you so far. This is a ridiculous move. And how they treat their Vets nobody is gonna want to sign here especially big name free agents 

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

IMO it's just ridiculous.  They can afford to pay him as is.  

They can afford to, but clearly decided that he is paid too much for what he brings to the table. The $13.6M base salary is exorbitant for anyone who isn’t elite. 

19 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I did see a headline (and haven't yet watched the video it linked to) but Rosenthal did say he expected Tannehill to already be traded and that it could still happen.

I imagine the video proves to be all generic baseless speculation, however.

I watched he said he expected Tannehill to be the QB next season.  There is no one to trade him to and it would have already happened by now 

Just now, Starkiller said:

They can afford to, but clearly decided that he is paid too much for what he brings to the table. The $13.6M base salary is exorbitant for anyone who isn’t elite. 

Who cares?  He's not breaking the cap.  Sometimes the Titans try to act like the Patriots too much and it doesn't work.

I would give him permission to seek a trade.  Like I get the business side can be harsh, but at the end of the day, if they ask you to take a pay cut you can say no.  At that point they can either keep you at your current contract, release you, or trade you (and I would think a team trading would be ok with his contract or willing to extend him) 

28 minutes ago, TitanPoke said:

This is the same franchise that locked McNair out of the facilities. This has been their MO for a long time.

For the last fucking time, Bus Cook told McNair to go the facility and force the issue due to the dumb ass escalator Reese put in the contract to force both sides to negotiate a new deal.