Kevin Byard

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shut the fuck up Rass

Hopefully the next person they are asking to take a cut is Tanny.  It’s the least he could do after fucking up our Super Bowl run.

Byard is currently the 9th highest paid S there is nothing wrong with his AAV its just JRob used his contract as a credit card to fund other moves.

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

What I really find stupid is an area of population that loves to read about another area being stupid to make themselves feel better. The more "journalists" know about this need to feel better than others, the more they feed it, the worst it gets. I moved to the south in 1987 from the north, the south is not dumb at all, everyone is very resourceful and I really like that there is a very low level of pretentiousness.  I've lived on assignments overseas, no on has a monopoly on dumb asserie, there is the same percentage dumb asses everywhere. 

Yea, but dumb people really like to say how dumb everyone else is...

59 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

What I really find stupid is an area of population that loves to read about another area being stupid to make themselves feel better. The more "journalists" know about this need to feel better than others, the more they feed it, the worst it gets. I moved to the south in 1987 from the north, the south is not dumb at all, everyone is very resourceful and I really like that there is a very low level of pretentiousness.  I've lived on assignments overseas, no on has a monopoly on dumb asserie, there is the same percentage dumb asses everywhere. 

I'm cool with their pretentiousness. Let them think what they think. That means they won't be coming here. I'm cool with people thinking I live in a dumb flyover state.

7 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

LOL what a fucking retard.  No fucking way should they do this.

What about that is so wrong to you? It's a big savings now, even at it's apex price point it won't be very expensive with the rising cap. The only bet you are making is will he still be good t 33 which with a safety who is as good as him would be likely.

Edit: any long term deal is going to have big dead cap hits early in the deal and if you do this you are not planning on cutting him.

Edited by Callidus

2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

What about that is so wrong to you? It's a big savings now, even at it's apex price point it won't be very expensive with the rising cap. The only bet you are making is will he still be good t 33 which with a safety who is as good as him would be likely.

Everything.  

Giving a 30 year old S a big third contract with 45 M fully guaranteed for one...fully guaranteed through 2026! 

Not to mention it's completely unrealistic.  Byard isn't going to agree to a revised deal worth 9 M APY when he's currently on one for 14 M APY.  Bates just signed for 16 M APY.

3 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

And we're doing ourselves no favors to hold NYC up as some bastion of intelligentsia. I mean, face it... no geographic area has a monopoly on stupidity or ignorance. It's equal opportunity.

I lived there for years.  They are some of the dumbest people I have ever run into living there.  

1 hour ago, TitanPoke said:

I'm cool with their pretentiousness. Let them think what they think. That means they won't be coming here. I'm cool with people thinking I live in a dumb flyover state.

On a trip back to the city, I ran into a guy I knew from around on the train.  He said he hadn't seem me in a while.  I told him I moved back to Nashville.  He just looked at me, expressed dismay/sadness and walked away.  "If you can make it in NYC, you can make it anywhere."  There's a lot of truth in that because it ain't easy to make it in NYC.  They miss the best part of that truth.   GTFO because if you can make it in NYC, you can make it a whole lot better damn near any where else.

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

Everything.  

Giving a 30 year old S a big third contract with 45 M fully guaranteed for one...fully guaranteed through 2026! 

Not to mention it's completely unrealistic.  Byard isn't going to agree to a revised deal worth 9 M APY when he's currently on one for 14 M APY.  Bates just signed for 16 M APY.

I'll give you the second part, but In the imaginary scenario we are working with here if he would take that deal I would be interested in it even with the risk.

But that's just me. Obviously I am in the minority here 

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

I'll give you the second part, but In the imaginary scenario we are working with here if he would take that deal I would be interested in it even with the risk.

But that's just me. Obviously I am in the minority here 

No way am I giving a 30 year old S a big third contract with 4 fully guaranteed years.   Fully guaranteeing more than 2 years for any position but QB is extremely rare anyway and it's even rare for QB's.

Just now, Justafan said:

I would rather them extend Byard and bank on him hanging around than trashing the locker room culture by cutting him after he's been an absolute warrior for this team. 

I don't advocate cutting him either.  I'd just leave his deal alone and deal with it next offseason but IMO these things tend to always get ugly at the end....

9 minutes ago, Number9 said:

On a trip back to the city, I ran into a guy I knew from around on the train.  He said he hadn't seem me in a while.  I told him I moved back to Nashville.  He just looked at me, expressed dismay/sadness and walked away.  "If you can make it in NYC, you can make it anywhere."  There's a lot of truth in that because it ain't easy to make it in NYC.  They miss the best part of that truth.   GTFO because if you can make it in NYC, you can make it a whole lot better damn near any where else.

I lived in Portland for 4 years and it was hell on Earth. I made a great living there but it wasn't worth it. I'm not paying millions for an overpriced house while bums can shit and piss, and live on the sidewalk. The pretentiousness is through the charts in the PNW. My money is easily worth more than double what it was there and I don't have to put up with even half of the lawlessness. I've never lived in NYC but I can only imagine.