Titans sign Arden Key to a 3yr deal

3 minutes ago, abenjami said:

We don't have an LT and our OL is in shambles.  Our best WR is coming off a "stellar" season where he caught a whopping 33 passes for less than 500 yards and 1 whole TD.  LOL

Not to mention, 2 of our best defensive players are about to be gone.

They have the 11th pick.  And Simmons is probably going to be re-signed.

A lot of luck goes into finding a qb.  Tanking isn't the unconventional trend.  Rodgers was drafted with a pick in the 20s.  Wilson was a 3rd rounder.  Heck KC didn't even tank and traded up to get Mahomes.  The tanker Chicago bears picked Trubisky.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I'm not suggesting trading the farm for a QB.  That would never work, simply because no team with a stud QB would ever trade him for 5 farms, much less 1 farm.

The point is you have to bring in your own stud using your own resources.  So don't use resources to build a non-contender, use them all to find the most important building block and then build around him.

The Chiefs didn't gut their roster or cut Smith. I'm honestly not sure what you're saying about what you think should happen. Tanking is an active process where you cut or trade a good QB. That isn't happening. I've said I think if Richardson falls they should draft him. If he sucks draft another one in the 1st next year. But plain and simple the team isn't tanking unless they cut Tannehill. He's a good QB. 

3 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Listen up you dumb fucks.  Here's the final word on this.

The Titans will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Ryan Tannehill as their starting QB.  NEVER.

I look forward to the day any of you quote this post proving me wrong.  Until then, you are wrong.

Getting a bit defensive there old-timer. Lighten up. Your logic doesn't hold though. No one is saying we will win a SB with Tannehill. 

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Listen up you dumb fucks.  Here's the final word on this.

The Titans will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Ryan Tannehill as their starting QB.  NEVER.

I look forward to the day any of you quote this post proving me wrong.  Until then, you are wrong.

Then come up with a better fucking plan than just "duurr they should tank the whole season durrr".

The Titans should hack into the NFL's systems on draft eve and change their pick to #1.

That's a more realistic plan than a team deciding to lose in March 2023 for no reason other than 2024 draft placement.

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The Chiefs didn't gut their roster or cut Smith. I'm honestly not sure what you're saying about what you think should happen. Tanking is an active process where you cut or trade a good QB. That isn't happening. I've said I think if Richardson falls they should draft him. If he sucks draft another one in the 1st next year. But plain and simple the team isn't tanking unless they cut Tannehill. He's a good QB. 

No, the Chiefs didn't guy their roster but their situation at this point was a lot better than ours is now.

What they did was give up solid capital to draft a guy they thought could be a stud and they hit big time.

Look, I agree RT is a good QB.  I've supported him for years.  But he's not good enough to elevate this shit roster to a championship.  Quite frankly, neither is prime Brady.  So it's not a knock on RT.  Just time to gut and rebuild.

2 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Then come up with a better fucking plan than just "duurr they should tank the whole season durrr".

Just now, OzTitan said:

The Titans should hack into the NFL's systems on draft eve and change their pick to #1.

That's a more realistic plan than a team deciding to lose in March 2023 for no reason other than 2024 draft placement.

The plan is fairly simple.  Draft a QB or three until you hit the jackpot.  Do whatever you have to do to acquire more picks to move up.

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Getting a bit defensive there old-timer. Lighten up. Your logic doesn't hold though. No one is saying we will win a SB with Tannehill. 

Right.  This is about tanking and how it's not a full proof way to get a franchise qb.  

1 minute ago, OzTitan said:

The best solutions are to draft an LT at 11 and QB in 24 or to trade as far back as possible in round 1 to get picks to move up next year. 

I'd be okay with tanking tbh. It isn't happening though, so we might as well put together a tier 2 contender. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Sure you are.  If you're not taking then you're trying to win.  And that's the problem.  Most don't realize that's the reality.  There's no in between.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

Right.  This is about tanking and how it's not a full proof way to get a franchise qb.  

I'm not saying it's fool proof but do you have a more proven and reliable way to obtain a franchise QB other than having really high draft picks?  If you do, I'm all ears.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

No, the Chiefs didn't guy their roster but their situation at this point was a lot better than ours is now.

What they did was give up solid capital to draft a guy they thought could be a stud and they hit big time.

Look, I agree RT is a good QB.  I've supported him for years.  But he's not good enough to elevate this shit roster to a championship.  Quite frankly, neither is prime Brady.  So it's not a knock on RT.  Just time to gut and rebuild.

I don't disagree with you, but as long as RT is on the roster we are an above average team in a weak division. 

Just now, abenjami said:

I'm not saying it's fool proof but do you have a more proven and reliable way to obtain a franchise QB other than having really high draft picks?  If you do, I'm all ears.

That's the exact point.  It's luck.  And the Titans had really high picks and drafted three qb's and whiffed.  You fall ass backwards into it.

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The best solutions are to draft an LT at 11 and QB in 24 or to trade as far back as possible in round 1 to get picks to move up next year. 

I'd be okay with tanking tbh. It isn't happening though, so we might as well put together a tier 2 contender. 

The best solution is to trade out at 11, compile more picks for next year, and then see what makes sense given next year's crop.

I see no point in putting together a tier 2 contender, which is a very generous thing to say about this roster.

It's tier 1 or bust for me.  Stop settling for mediocrity.