Titans sign another 49er OL Daniel Brunskill

TheChosenTitan

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

Because Davis has been an average to good starter.

Brunskill hasn't really had that opportunity. My point is we don't need him to be an all-pro, getting an average to good starter (Davis) in FA for cheap is a good move

I agree

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like what Carthon is doing so far

Pretty hilarious that depth players from the real contenders are upgrades for us lol

I CALLED THIS ONE TOO!!!!

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I don't think he's a high end starter but I don't think he's a bum either.  He's as good as just about anything they had starting last year.  

He's easily better than 3 of our starters last year. 

ETA: and he's better than each of them at their respective positions. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Just now, oldschool said:

Davis was in no way an average to good starter.... He got the contract he got in FA because there is a dearth of OL in the NFL right now. 

Oh come on man. Davis was absolutely an average to good starting guard.

Was he a good fit with Vrabel and company though? Apparently not.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

I could see Levin coming back to compete.  Ideally I think they want someone more talented than either Brewer or Levin.  Brewer is 3 years younger though and more athletic.

I'd like the team to sign or draft a C but I think its more likely Brewer or Levin gets the job for a year while other holes get filled.

13 minutes ago, tgo said:

I would challenge you that Brewer regressed over time. He had some really bad games in pass protection for a stretch - especially against a certain type of interior rusher - but then rebounded toward the end of the year.

Like I said - many people see Brewer as trash because of how he got run over in pass protection in certain games at the guard position. I see him as a good prospective center or 6th OL/swing backup. To me, that's not "garbage." Daley is garbage. Brewer is flawed but serviceable for stretches.

He's garbage as anything but a backup...whereas Brunksill started 17 games in 2021 and was adequate. Quite a massive gap between adequate and versatile across the line versus terrible as a starter but can play 3 positions. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

I'd like the team to sign or draft a C but I think its more likely Brewer or Levin gets the job for a year while other holes get filled.

I think there is a good chance they draft a guy to compete.  Probably later rather than earlier though.  Same thing at ILB.  

18 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Davis was in no way an average to good starter.... He got the contract he got in FA because there is a dearth of OL in the NFL right now. 

wrong. 

Edited by Thrill

56 minutes ago, tgo said:

He’s a 6th OL type - like Brewer. And Brewer isn’t “garbage” but he’s definitely a better run game player than pass pro player. 

I mean you have to take into account that being a 6th OL on a very talented 49ers OL is very different than being a 6th OL on a trash Titans OL. This guy would've easily been starting here last season. His "role" might have been the same as Brewer's was but comparing their ability based on this is unwise IMO. I mean one could call Brewer a starter because he technically started last season but is he really a NFL caliber starter? Titles mean little without context. 

Edited by Mythos27

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I mean you have to take into account that being a 6th OL on a very talented 49ers OL is very different than being a 6th OL on a trash Titans OL. This guy would've easily been starting here last season. His "role" might have been the same as Brewer but comparing their ability based on this is unwise IMO

In an ideal world - neither Brunskill or Brewer are starting for you in my mind.

But on OL we're a far cry from an ideal world of course.