Titans Sign Andre Dillard

tgo

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Thumbtack said:

I can't see Ossenfort trading with us, unless he absolutely fleeces us.  1. His comment about ego as soon as he got hired by Arizona and 2. Probably some resentment about not being promoted.

I think LV is the team going to jump indy.  

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

This is how free agency works, especially at a position like LT. Dillard has been a back-up and not that great but the Titans are desperate for a LT. He got overpaid. 

This changes nothing about the 11th pick imo, they have to hope one of the LTs is there. 

Yes it does. That is an ignorant statement.  You are not paying 10 mil a yr for a guy not to play and start.  This bought them flexibility at 11.  I am praying they go CB or Carter. I do not like Paris or Johnson at OT.  I like the UT kid a lot better.   I think he is a better player than both but I also think Witherspoon and Carter are the two best players in this draft.  If TN comes away with one I am happy.   If they put Carter next too Jeff watch out.  That DL alone makes them a contender.  

Edited by Bongo59

Good signing. Changes nothing about our pick at 11. But it does provide at least a transition to a rookie LT, perhaps a backup. Perhaps a RT. Not too much money, either, for what they get. Injuries are a concern, for sure. I don't think he fits a zone blocking scheme, actually, at least not as a puller. He has the feet, but you watch his tape and he seems more like a pure pass blocker. That's not a bad thing. It's something we desperately needed.

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The contract allows them an easy out after one year....

Right but I can't see how they'd sign a guy for $25 million and then give up all the picks they'd need to give up to get the QB.

If LV does I expect Indy to make a play for Lamar.  Lamar Tweet today is interesting. HE turned down 133 mil three deal fully guaranteed down.  I think he is worth the picks and the guarrantee.  Somebody is going to jump at him and make Baltimore queasy.  Irsay would love to stick it to Baltimore.  

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Right but I can't see how they'd sign a guy for $25 million and then give up all the picks they'd need to give up to get the QB.

Well 25 M for 1 year isn't horrid.  I'd think if they did trade up, it likely would be for Richardson or Levis who may have to sit a year.