Titans inquiring with the Bears about trading up for First Overall Pick?

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here we go with the overreaction.... if Carthon isn't calling around to see what it would take he wouldn't be a good GM. if they really like Stroud or Young enough to move up, I say go for it. Jus

Simmons isn't getting traded.

I'm not believing this based on that source but Tannehill is a decent, short term option with complications. If you want a guy and to put something together, you go get him.   There's basica

Posted Images

5 hours ago, titansfan said:

Tennessee → Los Angeles (PD). Tennessee traded its first-, fourth-, and sixth-round selections (1st, 113th, and 177th) to Los Angeles in exchange for Los Angeles's first-round, two second-round, and third-round selections in this year's draft (15th, 43rd, 45th, and 76th) as well as Los Angeles's first- and third-round selections in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Cleveland → Philadelphia (PD). Cleveland traded this selection (2nd) and a conditional fifth-round selection in 2017 to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-round, third-round, and fourth-round selections in this years draft (8th, 77th, and 100th) as well as Philadelphia's first-round selection in the 2017 NFL Draft and second-round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Miami → San Francisco (PD). Miami traded a first-round selection (3rd overall) to San Francisco in exchange for a first-round selection (12th overall), 2022 first- and third-round selections, and a 2023 first-round selection.

---- 

Without considering the demand to move up from other teams (Indy and Carolina), these trades would present the baseline of any possible move to #1.

All include at least one future 1RP in the next year. With the drop of 10 spots, that requires at least two more high value draft assets. 

So you're looking at  three 1s and probably the 2RP to move to #1.

If you're Tennessee you hope you can recoup some of the losses in total draft assets by trading Tannehill

Thanks for helping the tards understand.  They think everything is impossible except extending Tannehill.

6 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

@Number9  WTF do you we think we've all been referring to when talking about the massive cost of trading up to #1 - both in depleting draft capital but also minimizing their ability to surround a young QB with talent around him??? 

Tard

33 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

@Number9  WTF do you we think we've all been referring to when talking about the massive cost of trading up to #1 - both in depleting draft capital but also minimizing their ability to surround a young QB with talent around him??? 

You guys are really advocating committing/sinking more assets in a QB we really don't see a future with and one we think has seen his ceiling. And you're advocating kicking the can down the road in hopes a good opportunity to get a QBOTF arrives in the next year or two.

It's always, get the QBOTF if the opportunity presents itself virtually over anything.

The Texans and most definitely Irsay and the Colts are not going to just stand around and let the Titans jump in front of them from #11. Hell, none of the teams that are more desperate for a QB than the Titans are going to let the Titans jump them. You can't just use past drafts as comps because it all depends on what the evaluation is for the QBs available and how many/which teams are in desperate need for a QB, and that varies greatly from year to year. Of course it's *possible* for the Titans to trade up, but the cost to do so would absolutely be astronomical and they don't have the draft capital available to trade that most of the other teams they'd be competing with do. And if by some miracle they were able to pull it off they'd basically have nothing left to plug the other gaping holes on the roster. So you're pretty much guaranteed to suck for the next several years...which would be an even harder pill to swallow because it's likely a lot of those high draft picks you'd earn for sucking would have been traded away. The only way that deal isn't a disaster is if Stroud or Young or whoever they draft turns into the next Mahomes or Burrow...which is extremely unlikely.

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

That's the price for jumping the line to draft a potential franchise guy. 

I do understand that and I'd be down with it for the right guy. I'd also be more inclined if our roster was deeper. Stroud is intriguing but he played behind the best Oline in college football and had one of the best WR corps to throw to. He operated out of a very clean pocket with not a lot of pressure. Young is accurate and elusive but I hate his size. I'm just going to have to trust Carthon.

Edited by freakingeek

1 hour ago, TF_Titan said:

The Texans and most definitely Irsay and the Colts are not going to just stand around and let the Titans jump in front of them from #11. 

🤔wtf do you expect them to do about it?

And when it comes to capital to trade up with... Simmons would probably be in play as would just about anyone else if the Titans thought whoever they wanted was a franchise QB.

Edited by reo

19 minutes ago, ctm said:

Newsflash....the Colts and Texans don't have a franchise QB.

Neither do the Raiders or Panthers and all 4 teams have significantly more draft capital than the Titans this year.

Texans 1st

Raiders 6th

Panthers 8th

Colts 9th

Titans 22nd

There is also the Falcons who have openly talked about adding another QB this offseason with the 10th amount of draft capital this offseason.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

7 minutes ago, ctm said:

Newsflash....the Colts and Texans don't have a franchise QB.

Our best bet is if the Colts go for Levis and Stroud drops to the Panthers. That's the only way I see us having a shot of realistically trading up and it's highly doubtful it plays out like that. 

The annoying part is those clamoring for a new QB can't just put that together. It's going to be impossible to outbid the Colts for a QB if they want one. 

11 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Our best bet is if the Colts go for Levis and Stroud drops to the Panthers. That's the only way I see us having a shot of realistically trading up and it's highly doubtful it plays out like that. 

The annoying part is those clamoring for a new QB can't just put that together. It's going to be impossible to outbid the Colts for a QB if they want one. 

If the colts trade with the bears, then the bears are also assured of one of the top 2 defensive players.

1 hour ago, titansfan said:

You guys are really advocating committing/sinking more assets in a QB we really don't see a future with and one we think has seen his ceiling. And you're advocating kicking the can down the road in hopes a good opportunity to get a QBOTF arrives in the next year or two.

It's always, get the QBOTF if the opportunity presents itself virtually over anything.

Well, you're an idiot so I'm mad at myself for even responding ONCE AGAIN with the correct reasoning for why mortgaging the next two drafts for a non-generational QB.  

Trading day 1 and 2 of the draft plus part of day 1/2 next year is a recipe for failure.  So the young QB has to go to war with the worst OL in the league and a bottom 5 WR group?  They would have to rely on a weak FA market to fill those holes....

On the other hand, using those same resources to add quality personnel to the need spots - multiple OL positions, WR, in-line TE, maybe RB.  That does two things - one it certainly enables Tannehill to play with a better supporting cast in the short term and it also allows the team to try the KC/SF idea of going to get a QBOTF when they actually have an infrastructure to support it.

There's also the reality of the situation - If the process reveals one of these guys to be a stud QB, there's no way the Titans will be able to compete with the QB teams ahead of them - especially Houston and Indy who are in the top 4.  The price to move up is a lot less than from 11.

It's frankly astonishing that people on here are arguing trading the farm for a Jared Goff or Kyler Murray type of prospect is the right path but then I remind myself that people on here and in Nashville blamed Fisher for VY busting and blamed everyone but Pineapple Tebow for his suckage and jizzed all over the Malik Willis pick....