Titans inquiring with the Bears about trading up for First Overall Pick?

ChesterCopperpot1

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Hah.

"He really liked me, so he gave me the plays they were going to go over the night before," Mahomes said. "Of course I crushed the meeting. I stayed up all night studying those plays." 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/patrick-mahomes-matt-nagy-chiefs-andy-reid/rtolne5fvkijkddsuuklq3h3

"Patrick Mahomes is the QB of the Chiefs because of Matt Nagy"

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/12/2/23488546/patrick-mahomes-kansas-city-chiefs-matt-nagy

Wrong dumb fuck!

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/05/patrick-mahomes-andy-reid-brett-veach-scouting-nfl-draft

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here we go with the overreaction.... if Carthon isn't calling around to see what it would take he wouldn't be a good GM. if they really like Stroud or Young enough to move up, I say go for it. Jus

Simmons isn't getting traded.

I'm not believing this based on that source but Tannehill is a decent, short term option with complications. If you want a guy and to put something together, you go get him.   There's basica

Posted Images

Just now, rns90 said:

Deep FA class for LT?  Come on.  That will  also cost money and there will be competition for these guys.

There are options at LT in FA that can upgrade us, yes, but there are options in the draft too.

Michael Roos, Jason Peters, Orlando Brown Jr, Matt Light, Whitworth, etc. were all drafted outside the first round.

8 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Can we go a day without @tgo making a fool of himself on here?  Just one day is all I ask!

I'm making a fool out of myself by advocating trading up for a franchise QB if they really like a guy? Lol what?

So weird.

Edited by tgo

12 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I'm not believing this based on that source but Tannehill is a decent, short term option with complications. If you want a guy and to put something together, you go get him.

There's basically no amount that's too much if he's actually good and if you get a "good" deal while trading up for a bad QB at #1, it'll end up blowing up in your face anyway.

Who is against trading up for a QB if the Titans grade one out and want one?

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Who is against trading up for a QB if the Titans grade one out and want one?

@BudsOilers and @rns90, apparently? But maybe I'm misinterpreting? The discussion is making everyone super angry it seems.

Or maybe @BudsOilers just really hates Matt Nagy and I triggered him by mentioning Nagy?

Edited by tgo

Even if a team is 'making inquiries', there is no way they could know whether they are serious about making the offer yet - they haven't even worked out or interviewed prospects yet. I think it would be pretty hard for a team to be sure they want to move up to 1st for a while yet.

7 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Even if a team is 'making inquiries', there is no way they could know whether they are serious about making the offer yet - they haven't even worked out or interviewed prospects yet. I think it would be pretty hard for a team to be sure they want to move up to 1st for a while yet.

One would think a reasonable timeline to really finalize that magnitude of a decision would be mid to late March at the earliest, unless you were really trying to close a deal prior to the competition being able to close a deal.

34 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

This is kinda how I've felt all along, why the hell aren't they jumping at drafting one of these guys lol

Fields has a lot of upside and has been the only stable force and true leader in that organization. No reason to move on from him especially if you can get potentially three 1sts