ESPN Films’ 30 for 30 “Bullies of Baltimore”

Ratbird

30 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Reese and Fisher were definitely complicit but he was always a lot better on turf than grass.  

ADG literally had a big hand in 3 of their 4 losses that year.  The playoff game meltdown on it's own was the worst

Bironas also shit all over the field in the ‘08 loss. I believe he missed 2 kicks  under 40 yards FWIR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the old AFC Central.  Games against the Steelers and Ravens just felt right.  The AFC South simply hasn't been the same.  

ESPN announces ESPN Films’ 30 for 30 “Bullies of Baltimore” about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens will premiere February 5 at 8:30 p.m. ET.   Not to hijack your board, but I know ya'll have some f

I'm not watching that shit

Posted Images

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

One of the worst things the league did, and I realize that this was bound to happen with 32 teams and 8 divisions, was breaking up the Ravens/Titans rivalry.  I still don't get why they didn't stick Baltimore in the AFC South and Indy in the AFC North but that's another story.  It wasn't like Baltimore at that time had a rivalry with any other team even close to the Titans.  The Steelers were struggling a bit at that time so that rivalry hadn't really gotten off the ground.  The Bengals were terrible.  And the Browns were also bad.  Obviously Cleveland/Baltimore was a rivalry but that was more because of the history between the cities with the Browns going to Baltimore than anything on the field.

There were lots of other rivalries broken up with realignment but I'd say Ravens-Titans was among the biggest.

Yeah, it broke up a great rivalry & I also don’t think Titans fans realized the devastating implications of being put in the same division as Peyton. Manning was great at that point but he wasn’t Superman yet. He threw alot of picks & had a tendency to choke in big spots. He wasn’t the hyper efficient, borderline GOAT Peyton yet…….

8 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Wrong.  Bironas missed 1 FG in that game - a 51 yarder.

Yeah you’re right, I just checked. I don’t know why I thought that. It must’ve been a big regular season game then, I can’t remember….

Isn't this the year where we were driving at the end of the game and the clock was ticking out... ray lewis made a tackle and started celebrating all over our backfield, wasting clock with like 4 seconds left, wthout making an effort to get back to the LOS until the time runs out... so we sprint to the line and run a play, get into the endzone, and then SOMEHOW its our fault for not letting him get onsides in time... and we have to run a play again against one of the best defenses of all time?

Titans may have had the better defense too... the ravens defense allowed 26 less points on the year.. but when you look and see that differential is because teams kicked the ball better against the titans and defenses scored against our offense... its really a wash.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

Yeah, it broke up a great rivalry & I also don’t think Titans fans realized the devastating implications of being put in the same division as Peyton. Manning was great at that point but he wasn’t Superman yet. He threw alot of picks & had a tendency to choke in big spots. He wasn’t the hyper efficient, borderline GOAT Peyton yet…….

My guess is the rationale was keep four teams that were together already in the same division and then make up a division of new rivals.  They kept the Titans and Jaguars together and Houston made sense for obvious reasons.  But geographically Indy is, what, an hour and a half from Cincinnati?  In fact it's closer to Cincy and Cleveland and the distance to Pittsburgh is different by an hour and a half.  And it's also closer to any of the AFC North teams than the AFC South teams.  This isn't a Dallas situation where you can't remove them because of the long standing rivalries.  The Ravens' biggest rival at that time was the Titans.

1 minute ago, Face said:

Yeah you’re right, I just checked. I don’t know why I thought that. It must’ve been a big regular season game then, I can’t remember….

You may be thinking of that Steelers game in the 2009 opener?

He also had a bad game against the Chargers in the 2007-2008 playoffs from what I remember.

the 2008 loss was because the ravens intentionally hurt CJ and KFC had no spark or anything special to make the ravens defend. The titans had no wildcard on the field and all the momentum felt obvious when CJ went down. The team was already defeated in their heads.

If you go back and watch the 2000 and 2008 games, the 2000 game was worse.  The Titans thoroughly dominated it from start to probably the point of the blocked kick for the TD.  It was inexcusable that they lost that game.  They also dominated the other game but the Ravens did at least make some plays and move the ball.  Trent Dilfer had, what, five completions?  It was ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, titanruss said:

the 2008 loss was because the ravens intentionally hurt CJ and KFC had no spark or anything special to make the ravens defend. The titans had no wildcard on the field and all the momentum felt obvious when CJ went down. The team was already defeated in their heads.

Eh, it impacted the game.  However, Titans had 2:1 yards yet had 3 turnovers in plus territory.  That was the story. 

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

Reese and Fisher were definitely complicit but he was always a lot better on turf than grass.  

ADG literally had a big hand in 3 of their 4 losses that year.  The playoff game meltdown on it's own was the worst

He also went 1 for 3 in the Super Bowl the year prior, and that was on turf. Had he made those kicks McNair wouldn't have had to be as much of a Houdini on that last drive and Dyson wouldn't have even been put in the position to be tackled at the 1. De Flecto would have had a shot at going 4 for 4 and being the hero of the franchise.

They had plenty of evidence he was beyond his expiration date before the season that they just ignored. It was an omen losing to the Bills the way they did to start the 2000 season. De Flecto wasn't even enough of a kicker to try the kick. They had to have Hentrich come on.