ESPN Films’ 30 for 30 “Bullies of Baltimore”

Ratbird

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss the old AFC Central.  Games against the Steelers and Ravens just felt right.  The AFC South simply hasn't been the same.  

ESPN announces ESPN Films’ 30 for 30 “Bullies of Baltimore” about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens will premiere February 5 at 8:30 p.m. ET.   Not to hijack your board, but I know ya'll have some f

I'm not watching that shit

Posted Images

One of the worst things the league did, and I realize that this was bound to happen with 32 teams and 8 divisions, was breaking up the Ravens/Titans rivalry.  I still don't get why they didn't stick Baltimore in the AFC South and Indy in the AFC North but that's another story.  It wasn't like Baltimore at that time had a rivalry with any other team even close to the Titans.  The Steelers were struggling a bit at that time, at least when the decision was made, so that rivalry hadn't really gotten off the ground.  The Bengals were terrible.  And the Browns were also bad.  Obviously Cleveland/Baltimore was a rivalry but that was more because of the history between the cities with the Browns going to Baltimore than anything on the field.

There were lots of other rivalries broken up with realignment but I'd say Ravens-Titans was among the biggest.

Edited by scine09

7 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

image.png.9d57883144a397576a11188466e28689.png

I will pop some champagne when this fucker drops dead

You can blame De Flecto all you want, but Fisher is the dumb ass who stuck with him. The game up in Philadephia a few weeks earlier that season after the loss to the Ravens in Nashville made Fisher feel super-justified in sticking with him.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

I miss that rivalry. I haven't hated a team like I hated the Ravens since you all went to the AFCN.

I miss the Ravens and Steelers games the most, but even the Browns and Bengals games were good.

12 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You can blame De Flecto all you want, but Fisher is the dumb ass who stuck with him. The game up in Philadephia a few weeks earlier that season after the loss to the Ravens in Nashville made Fisher feel super-justified in sticking with him.

Reese and Fisher were definitely complicit but he was always a lot better on turf than grass.  

ADG literally had a big hand in 3 of their 4 losses that year.  The playoff game meltdown on it's own was the worst

5 minutes ago, XAEA12 said:

I miss the Ravens and Steelers games the most, but even the Browns and Bengals games were good.

That home playoff game against the Steelers was one of the best games I was ever at. Both teams were bringing it. Blaine Bishop put a crushing hit on Hines Ward on a long pass downfield that broke up the reception and nearly knocked Ward out. They threw the flag but it was worth it. IIRC, Bishop took his helmet off and glared down at Ward after the hit. Of course there was the missed FG at the end of the game that resulted in the famous Nedney flop that ultimately gave them another chance and the W. Watching Cower go ballistic on the sidelines was pure gold.

The best throw I remember him making was a pass down the middle for like 40 yards against the Dolphins in the 2003.  It was a relatively meaningless play as it was a blowout (it was 0-0 at the time though) but it was as perfect a pass as I've ever seen.