Rapoport just raised the possibility of the Panthers trading for Ryan Tannehill

AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

The other aspect of this that people are ignoring is the contract - neither the Titans nor Tannehill want him playing at the 36.6 M cap number.  The Titans for obvious reasons want to lower that and have money to spend elsewhere.  Tannehill of course wants far more than a one year commitment without guaranteed money.  If the Titans are unwilling to commit beyond 2023, Tannehill himself may be pushing to go elsewhere.  

Have touched on this point previously Tannehill and his management will definitely be pushing for guaranteed money and while I'm perfectly fine with Tannehill in 2023 I wouldn't be a fan of committing more money beyond next season at this point in time.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good point.   But I also heard that you're Tannehill's dick's mouthpiece, so to speak.   So I think we need to consider all present biases which abound when engaging in thoughtful

I will laugh pretty hard if Tannehill replaces Mariota again. 

The view of Tannehill from outside media and a lot of Titan fans is way lower than how the team views Tannehill.    The reason the new GM thinks they can reload vs rebuild is because the Tit

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Have touched on this point previously Tannehill and his management will definitely be pushing for guaranteed money and while I'm perfectly fine with Tannehill in 2023 I wouldn't be a fan of committing more money beyond next season at this point in time.

We could def see a "mutually agree to part ways" situation

42 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The never ending question with a ditch Tannehill scenario is then what do you do at QB...while trying to fix the other holes on the roster.

I think in the scenario we trade him for solid compensation it gives the team an out to essentially tank the year. We would still be on the hook for the 18 million so I would assume we would use the rest of that money to begin the process of rebuilding the offense. 

28 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The other aspect of this that people are ignoring is the contract - neither the Titans nor Tannehill want him playing at the 36.6 M cap number.  The Titans for obvious reasons want to lower that and have money to spend elsewhere.  Tannehill of course wants far more than a one year commitment without guaranteed money.  If the Titans are unwilling to commit beyond 2023, Tannehill himself may be pushing to go elsewhere.  

I've said the entire time the least likely thing to happen in my mind is we go into the season without touching his contract, essentially leaving him as a lame duck. Extend or trade him. 

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I see it slightly differently and the decision to keep him or not is made completely independently from any potential trade value.

Even if someone offers something significant for him?  I mean, if it's a third like Ryan or Wentz, I tend to agree but if someone offers something like a high second or late first, that would make me reconsider some things.  Not saying that's viable for a 35 year old QB coming off a disappointing season.

8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I see it slightly differently and the decision to keep him or not is made completely independently from any potential trade value.

Quite possible, but if we trade him for chump change after seeing what Wentz and Ryan received I'd be disappointed. We should get at least a couple decent picks for him. 

Just now, Justafan said:

Even if someone offers something significant for him?  I mean, if it's a third like Ryan or Wentz, I tend to agree but if someone offers something like a high second or late first, that would make me reconsider some things.  Not saying that's viable for a 35 year old QB coming off a disappointing season.

I think he means the team may mutually agree to part ways and then go about merely getting the best they can instead of it being a hard fought negotiation. 

Just now, Justafan said:

I mean if the decision is made he is the starter in 2023 there won't even be serious trade discussions (should teams enquire they would be informed he is not available)

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I mean if the decision is made he is the starter in 2023 there won't even be serious trade discussions (should teams enquire they would be informed he is not available)

Ah gotcha.  Yea, that makes sense.