NFL Playoffs Divisional Round Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

While I'm pretty much ready for this season to be done I'm kind of keeping connected to the playoffs via the 49ers fortunes as I think there is a pretty realistic chance Carthon ends up bringing a few of these upcoming 49ers free agents to the Titans.

Feels like this is the week the Jags and Giants who have both significantly exceeded expectations this season finally see their seasons ended.

Think it will require another superhuman effort from Joe Burrow to try and overcome the significant OL issues the Bengals once again find themselves with if they are to beat the Bills.

In the 49ers/Cowboys game its all about whether Shanahan and his freakshow collection of offensive weapons can elevate a rookie QB and win their way into the NFC Championship Game.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moving on from Lewan/Cunningham/Woods and Dupree (post june 1st cut) saves just over $51 million in cap room and none of them made a significant contribution this season.

I noticed AJ sulking on the sidelines when the Eagles were up 31-7 this might explain it.    

Posted Images

Obviously the Titans had their issues this year but it really is amazing that 8 of their 10 losses came to teams playing this weekend.  And a ninth came against a team that lost last week to a team playing this weekend.

23 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Obviously the Titans had their issues this year but it really is amazing that 8 of their 10 losses came to teams playing this weekend.  And a ninth came against a team that lost last week to a team playing this weekend.

Is it though.  Darn near half the league makes the playoffs now.  It was a tougher schedule than we thought in hindsight... but amazing?

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Is it though.  Darn near half the league makes the playoffs now.  It was a tougher schedule than we thought in hindsight... but amazing?

I would venture to guess it’s either an NFL record or close to it to have 8 losses to teams playing in the divisional round.

4 hours ago, Thumbtack said:

II'm curious if Ran would make a trade for Mitchell. Would definitely add more speed to the offense. 

He can't stay healthy. I've had that dude on one of my FF teams the past year... awesome talent though.

23 minutes ago, BTiger3733 said:

Riveting reporting on how injuries work from Shefter

You know what even more funny about that? Everyone is assuming Purdy is the starter next year. I bet even if they win the superbowl Shanny will look to upgrade Purdy.

Edited by oldschool

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

What I should have added is that I also fully expect oldschool to put a laugh and then quote it.

Its ridiculous. The Chiefs are heavy favorites for good reason. Does that mean the Jags can't win? of course not but to claim you expect them to win for no reason is nuts.

45 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I fully expect Jacksonville to win and will be pleasantly surprised if they don’t.

I don't know that I expect Jax to win.  That said, they are a good team.  They have seen the Chiefs once before earlier this year, so they won't be surprised by anything the Chiefs do most likely.

Chiefs have been off for a couple weeks.  I expect a little rust.  I was hoping that Hardman would be back for the playoffs.  He gives the Chiefs an element of speed they don't otherwise have.  

Jax should be loose today and I can see them pulling the upset.

I am hopeful the Chiefs are focused and sharp, but I think it is hard sometimes.  Since they already beat the Jags by ten, turning the ball over three times failing to recover and onside kick and not defending a fake punt, I think the Chiefs may take them lightly.

I think the Chiefs will win, but the Chiefs can't go to the AFCCG every year.  At some point, they are going to fall short and it will likely be an upset when it happens.

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its ridiculous. The Chiefs are heavy favorites for good reason. Does that mean the Jags can't win? of course not but to claim you expect them to win for no reason is nuts.

With the way my football season has gone Jacksonville will win.