2023 WR draft analysis

Jmac959

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's weird watching all the people who said Phillips was just too small last year and blame his size for his injuries suddenly be OK with taking even smaller guys much earlier in the draft.

If Carthon is desperate to trade for a WR he should be looking at the Broncos guys Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton, both are in the "younger" age profile the Titans have been looking for this offseas

This is the kind of deep speed we need    

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

@AussieTitanFan08Yes please. I've never heard of him or seen him. I don't care if those are just highlights. The speed and ability to manipulate defenders was apparent in spades. 

Which rounds is he predicted? 

@IsntLifeFunnyTyler Scott is probably anywhere from mid 2nd to mid 3rd range, Dane Brugler had him as his WR 7 and going at pick #44 in his most recent mock draft.

He is one of those players that only the hard core draft nerds pay any attention to until he runs a high 4.2 at the combine and everyone loses their minds about this player they had no idea about beforehand.

17 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

@IsntLifeFunnyTyler Scott is probably anywhere from mid 2nd to mid 3rd range, Dane Brugler had him as his WR 7 and going at pick #44 in his most recent mock draft.

He is one of those players that only the hard core draft nerds pay any attention to until he runs a high 4.2 at the combine and everyone loses their minds about this player they had no idea about beforehand.

I want that guy on our roster. The way he flipped those DBs playing off was perfection in motion from ten yards away. That was not strictly straight line speed. 

He'll struggle against press, so he is almost strictly a Y, which is probably why he isn't viewed as a first rounder. 

Mingo looks like an AJ Brown stand in.

Xavier Hutchinson from Iowa State looks like a day 2/3 guy but who could be a complimentary starter. From what I can gather at 6’3” 205 his arms at 31 1/4” are short for his size. Mine are longer at just under 6’1.” But he’s a round 3 guy with some skills. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/xavier-hutchinson-8b65a445-fb89-49b0-99f9-763163341a32/

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Xavier-Hutchinson-WR-IowaState

I like the aggression that Rashee Rice shows.  On the down low, I also like that they brought Reggie Roberson back on a futures deal. 

Rice and Tillman so far I think do the best jobs high pointing the ball for their sizes. Rashee Rice gives me a few AJ vibes at times. 

Parker Washington looks good extending for the ball and also has super strong hands. His knock is he’s 5’10” but he’s 212 lbs and can line up in the backfield as well. Better catcher than Hilliard. Could be a good Deebo Samuels value type player.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:42 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This is the kind of deep speed we need

Dane Brugler released his full position rankings for the 2023 NFL Draft. 

Scott landed the highest of any Bearcat, sitting seventh among wide receivers. He is 204th overall on the consensus big board and the 25th-ranked receiver. That tracks him as roughly a sixth-round pick.