2023 WR draft analysis

Jmac959

18 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It's simply a bad argument and discussing what he's more likely to do has nothing to do with the fact he fits the offense. Just because he's never split carries doesn't mean he can't. That's a fallacy. 

A big issue is that Henry makes top line RB money, Ingram, Latavius Murray never did.  They paid Kamara but that's because he catches passes as well and is a 3 down RB.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's weird watching all the people who said Phillips was just too small last year and blame his size for his injuries suddenly be OK with taking even smaller guys much earlier in the draft.

If Carthon is desperate to trade for a WR he should be looking at the Broncos guys Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton, both are in the "younger" age profile the Titans have been looking for this offseas

This is the kind of deep speed we need    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

A big issue is that Henry makes top line RB money, Ingram, Latavius Murray never did.  They paid Kamara but that's because he catches passes as well and is a 3 down RB.

I fully agree with you there. That's a better point than if he fits the offense.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

10  million according to a google search.

I think Henry knows his time is over being paid as a top back. Maybe we would split the difference and take on 2 million so it's 8 and 8. 

Either way, I don't see it happening, but Tgo's plan of Jeudy for 41 and Henry makes sense...and for him was a huge step in the right direction lol. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think Henry knows his time is over being paid as a top back. Maybe we would split the difference and take on 2 million so it's 8 and 8. 

Either way, I don't see it happening, but Tgo's plan of Jeudy for 41 and Henry makes sense...and for him was a huge step in the right direction lol. 

Yeah, we are not paying anything to WR's at this point.  Our 2nd and something else would make sense.  I have no idea what the Broncos would want from our roster that is expendable and deemed valuable to them though.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It's simply a bad argument and discussing what he's more likely to do has nothing to do with the fact he fits the offense. Just because he's never split carries doesn't mean he can't. That's a fallacy. 

I don’t agree. Henry requires caries to be affective and a commitment that Payton absolutely will not make in his playcalling while it’s different than the Lamar Jackson situation, Henry faces something similar. A level of commitment in the office that most teams won’t do because it’s not effective in terms of winning championships.

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

Really? They're very different players. 

I meant in terms of quality, though I'd definitely give an edge to Jeudy.  He could certainly break out on a different team, but I think he's more likely to be what he's been, which is good/not great

I like JSN but he doesn't have the size the Titans are probably looking for.  Carthon clearly has a lot of influence from 49ers who draft guys who are 205+ and run in the 4.5 range.  Titans also historically like bigger WRs which makes sense considering their scheme and style of offense.  I don't see it changing and so JSN at #11 just doesn't ring true to me for the Titans.  

Personally, I think it's PJJ or B. Jones at #11.  That was my best guess going into the offseason and I didn't see anything yet to make me change my mind.  If both those guys are gone, I'm trading down.

At #41 I'm looking for the best offensive player available.  #72 is the sweet spot for the WRs I really like for the Titans.  Tillman, Rice, Mingo.  One of those guys will be there.  

21 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I like JSN but he doesn't have the size the Titans are probably looking for.  Carthon clearly has a lot of influence from 49ers who draft guys who are 205+ and run in the 4.5 range.  Titans also historically like bigger WRs which makes sense considering their scheme and style of offense.  I don't see it changing and so JSN at #11 just doesn't ring true to me for the Titans.  

Personally, I think it's PJJ or B. Jones at #11.  That was my best guess going into the offseason and I didn't see anything yet to make me change my mind.  If both those guys are gone, I'm trading down.

At #41 I'm looking for the best offensive player available.  #72 is the sweet spot for the WRs I really like for the Titans.  Tillman, Rice, Mingo.  One of those guys will be there.  

Agreed that's the best strategy.  If they had a combination of the players you mentioned, we should all be happy