2023 WR draft analysis

Jmac959

On 3/8/2023 at 8:35 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

Good comparison actually. He'd be the lite version of both. He isn't nearly the route runner of Brown (right now) but has very similar twitch with his body control. He doesn't have the physicality of Smith, but he also isn't a guy you can just push around all game long. 

I went hard on Elijah Moore being a slot only in the NFL (I was right) but I feel differently about Zay. He's honestly not my favorite prospect but I think he can hang outside. 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's weird watching all the people who said Phillips was just too small last year and blame his size for his injuries suddenly be OK with taking even smaller guys much earlier in the draft.

If Carthon is desperate to trade for a WR he should be looking at the Broncos guys Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton, both are in the "younger" age profile the Titans have been looking for this offseas

This is the kind of deep speed we need    

Posted Images

Posted this in the draft forum but definitely part of the discussion.

Just thinking about where the WR group is right now. Regardless of whatever veteran WR they could sign (not including a trade), WR almost assuredly needs to be the pick in the 2nd round as of now. 

Obviously, they could trade down and acquire more picks, but as we stand today, they cannot afford to wait to the 3rd round to address the position, or risk the same thing happening they year they panic traded up to take Dez Fitzpatrick.

It is almost relatively easy to see who they might target basing it off of Carthon/SF WR traits, as well as what the team has preferred at the position. They need to be 6’0+, 195 lbs+ and run a 4.55 or better in the 40 (be within close range of those).

Thst essentially leaves us with:

Quentin Johnson - TCU
Jonathan Mingo - Ole Miss

Cedric Tillman - Tennessee

A.T. Perry - Wake Forest

Rashee Rice - SMU
C.J. Johnson - East Carolina 

Elijah Higgins - Stanford 

Michael Wilson - Stanford

Matt Landers - Arkansas

Andrei Iosivas - Princeton

Bryce Ford-Wheaton - West Virginia

A couple more barely miss it. But if you are trying to find a Titans WR, I believe it will be at least one (if not two) from the list above.

8 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Just thinking about where the WR group is right now. Regardless of whatever veteran WR they could sign (not including a trade), WR almost assuredly needs to be the pick in the 2nd round as of now. 

Obviously, they could trade down and acquire more picks, but as we stand today, they cannot afford to wait to the 3rd round to address the position, or risk the same thing happening they year they panic traded up to take Dez Fitzpatrick.

It is almost relatively easy to see who they might target basing it off of Carthon/SF WR traits, as well as what the team has preferred at the position. They need to be 6’0+, 195 lbs+ and run a 4.55 or better in the 40 (be within close range of those).

Quentin Johnson - TCU

A.T. Perry - Wake Forest

Rashee Rice - SMU

Matt Landers - Arkansas

A couple more barely miss it. But if you are trying to find a Titans WR, I believe it will be at least one (if not two) from the list above.

Some of those guys will be available in the 3rd.

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Landers isn’t one of the bigger names being talked about and I don’t put much stock in highlight clips….but I gotta say, Landers’ highlights are as impressive as any of the other WR prospects I’ve watched so far this year.     

His clips remind me a lot of a young AJ Green:  he’s a big lanky guy with great speed and soft hands…but he’s also surprisingly slippery for a guy his size and tough to bring down.   Very impressive skill set.  

His highlights have me intrigued…I’ll have to go back and watch some full-game film.  

33 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Absolutely, but if you have a top ranked one you shouldn’t wait until then with the depth chart looking how it currently is.

Depth chart is bare at TE as well.  Just depends on who they like best

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

Quentin Johnson - TCU

A.T. Perry - Wake Forest

Rashee Rice - SMU

Matt Landers - Arkansas

I actually really like that list.  I think if you draft two of those guys, it will be a good investment.  Give me Tillman, Rice, Mingo or Wheaton please.  All big WRs who are elite athletes.  

Man the more I get familiar with some of these wr, I am really liking Tank Dell.  Dude is just so explosive, even if he doesn't fit the SF size profile.  No clue where he is expected to go in the draft, but wouldn't be at all upset if Tennessee came away with him.