Ran Carthon hired as the new Titans GM

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His chin could quiver 24/7 and we would never know.

WOWOWOW    All Hail Ran Carthon, Top 5 NFL GM

Posted Images

I like this quote:

“That’s the goal in the grand scheme of things to one day hold that position,” Carthon said in an interview earlier this season. “It’s kind of hard, because you got to keep the main thing the main thing, and just focus on doing what I can do to help make our club better and give us a chance to win each Sunday while maintaining the ultimate goal, which is to ultimately lead a team myself.”

3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Just a heads up, Carthon has been working more on the draft side the past couple of years:

"Ran Carthon enters his second season as director of player personnel after serving five seasons as the director of pro personnel with the 49ers. In his role, Carthon is responsible for evaluating the top college prospects and assists in the construction of the pro free agency board and evaluations. He also works with the football administration staff with player market analysis and unrestricted free agency strategy."

Right - as DPP he’s the head of the college scouting staff, but Peters is the driving force there on the college side. 

Prior to the last two years, he’s been 100% pro player personnel

Edited by tgo

3 minutes ago, TheChosenTitan said:

Can anyone explain to me why they wanted Cunningham? No disrespect just want to learn 

For me it was because I wanted an external hire. Cunningham and Carthon had the best resumes, but people I trust here (wrongfully it seems!) said Carton couldn't get a second interview so he wasn't really in contention. I never really thought about which of those two candidates I'd want.