Titans will pick 11th in the 2023 draft

SuperFreak90

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t see Young or Stroud being worth it.

I’ll tell ya what….I’d have to be awfully desperate for a new QB and reeeeeeally fall in love with a draft prospect before entertaining the idea of trading Simmons to get him.   I think it’s

Let the jokes ensue

Posted Images

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Meh.  I'm really picky on taking WR that early.  It's close enough to 10 where the WR taken has to be sort of a perennial all pro type (Chase, Calvin Johnson) otherwise you can wait till later in round 1 to acquire him.

Besides the LT affects the game far more than the WR.

It's crazy. Behind QB and Pass Rusher, LT is the next most important position on the field.

2 minutes ago, Nash said:

I'd be happy with Jones or Johnson.. the LT  and Defensive end/edge is involved in every single play, ie 60-70 plays on offense or defense  .. the #2 receiver is the target in 10-15 passes per game..

Yep.  You can win with good WR play.  They just can't be god awful like the Titans WR core from 2022. QB, LT, EDGE/pass rusher and even CB would rate higher on positional value than WR.

32 minutes ago, Nash said:

I'd be happy with Jones or Johnson.. the LT  and Defensive end/edge is involved in every single play, ie 60-70 plays on offense or defense  .. the #2 receiver is the target in 10-15 passes per game..

In OUR offense? Ohhhhhhhhh no.  That guy is getting 5-7 targets per game.... maybe.

Edited by titanruss

Also though, if we do draft a WR in 1, who is to say he's our #2? Burks showed some good last year but was hurt often and lazy early. We expect him to be #1 but he asnt proven that... and if a guy gets drafted at 11, then thats higher than burks by a decent amount. Guess he'd likely start as the #2 regardless but that should be the hope

Edited by titanruss

Whoever BPA is between OT, DE/OLB, and CB is where I'm leaning. Joey Porter Jr. is a guy I'm becoming super interested in but 11 may be a tad high. 

JSN just doesn't seem like a fit if they stay true to their word that they want to get faster. 

5 minutes ago, TampaTitan said:

Whoever BPA is between OT, DE/OLB, and CB is where I'm leaning. Joey Porter Jr. is a guy I'm becoming super interested in but 11 may be a tad high. 

JSN just doesn't seem like a fit if they stay true to their word that they want to get faster. 

He literally would be the fastest WR on the team if drafted (at least by 40 standards) lol.

7 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

And there are others who have teams telling them Jones is the top OT in this draft class.

I don't know what to think about Jones. I'm sure he'll be fine on a Run.The.Friggin.Ball. team but sometimes he be lookin like Daley in pass pro. 

4 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I don't know what to think about Jones. I'm sure he'll be fine on a Run.The.Friggin.Ball. team but sometimes he be lookin like Daley in pass pro. 

Cmon, now.  He can be bad in pass pro and still not be at Daley level.  Dennis is in a league/tier of his own.

Another reference here regarding some teams liking Broderick Jones over both Johnson and Skoronski.

"Some teams liked Jones better than Skoronski and Paris Johnson Jr. this past winter, and I’m not going to rule out the idea that someone trades up to get him (or takes him in the top 10). Jones is a really good athlete and a physical offensive lineman."

https://theathletic.com/4336203/2023/03/23/nfl-mock-draft-team-picks-reactions/

The dudes point out something I forgot regarding JSN to the titans at 11 in that Burks played in the slot like 90% of the time in Arkansas too. Very different skill and body types obviously but maybe that’s not something the titans are as concerned about as I originally thought.