Titans will pick 11th in the 2023 draft

SuperFreak90

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t see Young or Stroud being worth it.

I’ll tell ya what….I’d have to be awfully desperate for a new QB and reeeeeeally fall in love with a draft prospect before entertaining the idea of trading Simmons to get him.   I think it’s

Let the jokes ensue

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, TerryBoats said:

And you think they would take Johnson over Jones, the superior run blocker?

There have been several guys putting Jones a step below the top 2, PJJ and Skoronski. Kiper has us passing on him and taking edge instead in his latest mock.

Edited by No1TitansFan

I understand we need OL help. However, it seems one can get decent OL in later rounds but it is rare to get elite skill players in the later rounds. Or pass rushers. I don’t know but it seems contenders get by with ok OL but elite receivers, multi skill running backs, and a quality QB. We have none of those.

Ton of options to upgrade.  I think a rookie lineman has a much better chance of contributing THIS season.  Rookie WRs typically take longer to get up to speed and the entire room lacks experience.  That's why I would like a vet WR (sign or trade) and a 1st round LT along with a 2nd/3rd round WR and TE.  After that maybe an ILB or IOL and a Kicker.  Then use UDFA and vet min deals to round out depth.  

40 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Ton of options to upgrade.  I think a rookie lineman has a much better chance of contributing THIS season.  Rookie WRs typically take longer to get up to speed and the entire room lacks experience.  That's why I would like a vet WR (sign or trade) and a 1st round LT along with a 2nd/3rd round WR and TE.  After that maybe an ILB or IOL and a Kicker.  Then use UDFA and vet min deals to round out depth.  

You're correct overall but I think JSN is ready to go, assuming his health is.  He's more pro ready than any LT in the draft, IMO

Meh.  I'm really picky on taking WR that early.  It's close enough to 10 where the WR taken has to be sort of a perennial all pro type (Chase, Calvin Johnson) otherwise you can wait till later in round 1 to acquire him.

Besides the LT affects the game far more than the WR.

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Meh.  I'm really picky on taking WR that early.  It's close enough to 10 where the WR taken has to be sort of a perennial all pro type (Chase, Calvin Johnson) otherwise you can wait till later in round 1 to acquire him.

Besides the LT affects the game far more than the WR.

WRs are so expensive now that even a "good" prospect justifies the draft premium.  And he outproduced his teammates who were drafted at 10 and 11 last year and had 1,000 yard rookie seasons with bad QBs.  More likely than not, he's going top 15 

6 minutes ago, TerryBoats said:

WRs are so expensive now that even a "good" prospect justifies the draft premium.  And he outproduced his teammates who were drafted at 10 and 11 last year and had 1,000 yard rookie seasons with bad QBs.  More likely than not, he's going top 15 

But the Titans aren't really seeking a WR1 here, theoretically anyway.  They need a WR2.  Look I'd be ok, if they traded down and grabbed a WR but at 11, you still can get an elite starting LT which is more important positionally.