Attention Fat People

Looper

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your wife is fat said money would be better spent on a divorce lawyer!

Genetics are certainly a factor but they are more commonly used as an excuse by those without discipline or drive.    

Excerise has very little to do with weight loss. Obviously it has other benefits, mainly heart health. Weight loss is mostly about eating properly. 

17 hours ago, abenjami said:

Right but the more you exercise the more calories you burn and the larger the caloric deficit becomes...

Also while it is much easier to just neglect to eat 500 calories of lard than it is to burn 500 calories through exercise, exercising regularly really helps maintain a healthy weight along with all the other health benefits it has and for me even if I go ham and eat unhealthy for a little while, say 2-3 weeks, it doesn't affect my weight like it used to. You're metabolism has much more resistance. 

It just isn't as easy to quantify in a simple "calories in/calories out".

Edited by 'Nator

On 1/10/2023 at 4:51 AM, oldschool said:

Excerise has very little to do with weight loss. Obviously it has other benefits, mainly heart health. Weight loss is mostly about eating properly. 

Which is why my wife wanted to sign up for a personal trainer in the new year but I nixed that and said money would be better spent on a dietitian 

3 hours ago, JJHuddle12 said:

Which is why my wife wanted to sign up for a personal trainer in the new year but I nixed that and said money would be better spent on a dietitian 

8 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Gotta say, knowing TR I expected this thread to be a lot more entertaining with a much more significant cruelty factor. This post is a good start. In particular, I expected better (worse?) from @OILERMAN

Edited by Bink

On 1/11/2023 at 12:04 PM, Little Earl said:

In most cases, but I believe there are some medications that cause huge weight gains, especially if the person is unable to work out.

its still not possible at all.

its simple physics. you cant create more mass than the amount you put in.  no meds will do that.

meds can help you retain the EXCESS you already put inside of you... usually its water.... that you drank on your own.

Nothing has been created that makes you just aborb weight from nowhere or just magically get heavier.

Edited by titanruss

On 1/16/2023 at 10:03 PM, Bink said:

Gotta say, knowing TR I expected this thread to be a lot more entertaining with a much more significant cruelty factor. This post is a good start. In particular, I expected better (worse?) from @OILERMAN

We need someone to post pictures of themselves or their fatass wife

To lose weight, most people can do it by cutting liquid calories: alcohol, sodas, juices, or sauces. (Takes a while depending on which liquid but the math checks out)

3 types of calorie burn (general)

1. BMR (minimum to maintain sedentary weight)

2. Activity (your 10,000 steps/masturbation)

3. Exercise (extended activity with elevated heart rate)

The people who fail usually do one of two things to disaster:

1. Try to quickly cut calorie deficit below BMR (causes reduction of metabolism, reduced energy levels that lead to decreased activity)

a. Eventually fools who try this will binge eat or give up, and they'll gain back more than they initially lost

2. Hit it hard on exercise (causes them to get hungry af and/or injured)

a. inevitably, most people burn out quickly once they hit a plateau and those water weight numbers stop making them happy when they stand on the scale. If they don't modify their diets properly, their bodies will essentially do the same thing as #1 resulting in binging or giving up. 

Losing weight is changing mindset. "I'm on a diet" becomes "I don't eat that shit." Going to the gym, cycling, walking at lunch time, those are routines and not just something you've started. It's not part of your "goals," but actually how you live. Doesn't mean you gotta be a prick at weddings or abstain from cake every single time. Cheat meal -- not cheat weekend. 

The best way to approach this is give something up (a liquid) or maybe a slice of cheese the next time you have a burger. Water every meal except on occasion. Pack a lunch. Soak some fucking overnight oats if you like breakfast -- or like for me skip breakfast. Start walking at lunch or go to the gym and eat at your desk afterward. Do a household choir after dinner every night. 

Count your calories once you stop losing weight. Calc BMR and calorie burn with normal activity. Set your calorie target ABOVE BMR but BELOW activity. You will burn 20% of activity cals and all of your exercise. So for ex:

BMR 1800

Activity 800

Exercise 300

Total: 2900

Set max intake of cals at 1800 + (800-800x0.20). For this ex, you would pick 2440 cals for daily burn of 460 cals. 3500 cals per lb has you losing 1lb every 7.6 days. In one year you'll lose 48 lbs without being terrible hungry. For those who struggle with math, just add up all your daily burned cals and substract 10-15%. 

Another trick is to use an online calculator for weight loss. Instead of entering your current weight, enter the weight you WISH TO BE and enter "maintain" and "light activity" or however much exercise you get. Eat on that schedule. Your deficit will be there and eventually you'll be that exact weight. 

On 1/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, JJHuddle12 said:

Horrible decision. There's more to health than fat loss and there's more benefits of working out than looks.

If she's motivated and a trainer will help her be consistent then do it. 

4 hours ago, reo said:

Horrible decision. There's more to health than fat loss and there's more benefits of working out than looks.

If she's motivated and a trainer will help her be consistent then do it. 

I agree that working out is also great but body composition is mostly made up with diet.

2 minutes ago, JJHuddle12 said:

I agree that working out is also great but body composition is mostly made up with diet.

There's more to life than body comp.

If your wife wants a trainer to workout regularly, it's dumb and short sighted to just try and hire a dietician instead.