Attention Fat People

Looper

I keep seeing all these weight loss commercials. Total horse shit. 

Burn more calories than you consume. Easy. 

Run, jog, walk. In that order in intervals. You’ve gotta slow down occasionally when you’re out there so you don’t get all pissed off and exhausted. Three miles, four to six times a week. Run on the street. Pavement street is softer than concrete sidewalk. Run in neighborhoods. Not on main roads. Somebody will hit you with their car on main roads. 

Buy some good shoes. Not Nike. Saucony is excellent.

Get a treadmill. Not some stupid Bowflex. Run, jog, walk. Cardio. Natural cardio. 

Any kind of natural cereal with whatever kind of milk you like, preferably hormone-free. Stoneyfield is good. Real orange juice. Yogurt. That’s breakfast. 

Eat turkey sandwiches. Dietz & Watson turkey has no processing. Ezekiel Bread. Toast it. Organic spinach, tomatoes and onions. Put some light mayo on it if you need to. Mustard. Grind some salt and pepper on it. Blue corn chips on the side. That’s lunch. 

Dinner. Fuck it. Don’t need it. Find something light if you’re a pussy. 

Hungry feels like skinny. Grow some balls and get into a groove. Once you’re in it, you’re a machine. 

Good luck!

Edited by Looper

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your wife is fat said money would be better spent on a divorce lawyer!

I have found that I need nutrients and fiber (duh). Protein is very nutritious and highly satiating. I eat a lot of beans for fiber. Fiber is very important, you need it-- which is why I'd never get d

Excerise has very little to do with weight loss. Obviously it has other benefits, mainly heart health. Weight loss is mostly about eating properly. 

60 Minutes had a story last week that says a lot of obesity is linked to genetics. And I can see that. My brother has those genetics from my mother who got them from her father who got them from his mother.

That said, there’s a lot more obesity today than there was decades ago, so it’s not just genetics. People are less physically active and the food we eat is in much bigger portions and full of way more sugars and preservatives and whatever else.

cxn65gdvcnaa1.png

Edited by Starkiller

13 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

60 Minutes had a story last week that says a lot of obesity is linked to genetics. And I can see that. My brother has those genetics from my mother who got them from her father who got them from his mother.

That said, there’s a lot more obesity today than there was decades ago, so it’s not just genetics. People are less physically active and the food we eat is in much bigger portions and full of way more sugars and preservatives and whatever else.

cxn65gdvcnaa1.png

Genetics are certainly a factor but they are more commonly used as an excuse by those without discipline or drive.

On 1/9/2023 at 12:34 AM, Starkiller said:

cxn65gdvcnaa1.png

BMI is bullshit.

Even when I had abs, i was obese by BMI.

Edited by reo

cxn65gdvcnaa1.png

its not possible to gain weight unless you are feeding in excess of needs

12 hours ago, reo said:

BMI is bullshit.

It's way beyond bullshit.  It's significantly across the line of misinformation and needs to be wiped from humanity.

According to BMI, I'm currently at the high end of the "normal weight" range.  My blood pressure is typically around 100/70 with a resting HR of 58-60 and my size 32 pants are a bit loose.

cxn65gdvcnaa1.png

When I was a little boy, you didn't see a lot of fat people. Food spoiled and garbage stank because food decomposed.  The only indoor game we had was monopoly and playing cards which we played outside on the porch w/friends.  We played baseball the most, street rules.  Basketball.  Football. We flew kites in the spring and we used to go fishing a lot.  We played hide/seek.  We wrestled each other.  Most of what we did required physical activity and imagination.

One day, we had just bought some firecrackers.  We were walking on the raised sewer line and some kids we called the turkeys got after us.  We called them turkeys because they had big butts.  They were some bad little mofos.  Whenever kids walked the line by their little shotgun house they gave their usual welcome.  They started throwing rocks, then coal.  Usually we just moved on, but that day we decided to end this shit.

They were throwing coal and we threw whatever we could find laying around.  We battled them for a good 20-30 minutes.  We started throwing hedge apples.  We put firecrackers in them, lit the firecrackers and threw them.  You should have seen the turkeys.  A hedge apples would land, then POW.  They would jump like it was a bomb.  They ran inside their little shotgun house, then came flying out the front door throwing more coal out of their coal bin.

So, we posted up two guys on the front door and three on the back where they usually came running out.  We pounded the front and back door untill they stayed in the house.  Victory.  That night, their mama came to our house with a damage list.  Screens doors, some glass panes and hedge apples she says were in her house.  That was one of the biggest whipping I ever remember getting.

No more rocks ever came out when we passed by again.

tl;dr  no prob, I enjoyed the memories of growing up after the big war.

Edited by Number9

22 hours ago, reo said:

BMI is bullshit.

BMI is perfectly fine as a measure for a trend line. Unless you think this chart is accidentally being thrown off by a huge surplus of bodybuilders and there’s no obesity epidemic…

26 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

BMI is perfectly fine as a measure for a trend line. Unless you think this chart is accidentally being thrown off by a huge surplus of bodybuilders and there’s no obesity epidemic…

It exaggerates the percentage of the population who are obese if you consider a high percentage of people who workout are obese as well b/c they're over BMI. 

Bodybuilders? Over BMI

Most crossfitters I know? Over BMI

Most martial artists I know? Over BMI

Most military I know? Over BMI

Most fitness instructors? Over BMI

All powerlifters? Over BMI

All Olympic lifters? Over BMI

Most athletes in general (professional or amateur)? Over BMI

Essentially if you workout or don't workout, you're over BMI. 

The only people who are under BMI are naturally slim or endurance athletes. 

It doesn't tell you what it's supposed to tell you and therefore it's a bad metric.

ie BMI is bullshit.

Edited by reo

12 hours ago, titanruss said:

its not possible to gain weight unless you are feeding in excess of needs

In most cases, but I believe there are some medications that cause huge weight gains, especially if the person is unable to work out.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:51 AM, oldschool said:

Excerise has very little to do with weight loss. Obviously it has other benefits, mainly heart health. Weight loss is mostly about eating properly. 

Exactly, A caloric deficit causes weight loss, period. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Exactly, A caloric deficit causes weight loss, period. 

Right but the more you exercise the more calories you burn and the larger the caloric deficit becomes...