Titans Future QB

titansfan

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Maybe more than 1, QBs are always overrated by draft nerds

Last year some of them had Malachi in round one.  Bucky B puts out a different mock everyday.  AR has flown up the draft boards and Knee Hooker is above Levis is some.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/priscos-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-fly-off-board-as-four-go-in-top-5-eagles-reload-on-defense/

I am starting to get a funny feeling about pick #11.  Prisco has the Titans taking Jaxon Smith-Njigba @11 with Peter Skoronski and  Paris Johnson still on the board.  

I'm not making a study of the draft this year, but I think the Titans need an OT.  

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's really annoying watching people constantly dance around the fact that their real stance is "I can't wait for the Titans to get rid of Tannehill and it will prove that he's always been overrated a

lol Buck Reising thinks the Titans could get up from #11 to #3 without giving up an additional 1st and by only trading pick #11, Malik Willis and a future 2nd.   Just for reference the 49ers

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Just to be devil's provocation.  You can say that now after he's been injured.  His second season, MVP you couldn't make that statement.  The problem you run into is extrapolating that into you can't win a SB with a running QB leads to a false answer.

You can't win a SB with Tannehill.  I would have argued heavily against that in 2020.  Players get hurt.  In 2021, Hurts-Jackson-Allen had the same rushing yardage.  Allen-6.3ypc.  Jackson-5.8ypc.  Hurts-5.6ypc. 

I would take the odds on Allen wining a SB.  Hurts' already been to a SB.  Hurts had more SB passing yards and rushing yards than Mahomes.  Hurts 27/38/304 1TD Mahomes 21/27/182 3TD.   Injuries hurt Jackson. 

It will forever be a team sport.  I have been dead set against the QBs* extreme compensation.  It leads to Daniel Jones getting a 160M contract after getting benched during the previous season.  A team running the wildcat could beat a Jones led team.  The NFL is a business and the QBs are the number one marketing tool.  

The problem is only the great ones are packing stadiums.  

*Still waiting for @oldschool to complete his Mariota analytics to show why he thinks he is correct to anoint himself a football savant.  ⏰

I see your point even if I disagree with it. Still, cut down on writing novels! 

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Sad Shakespeare GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz

K.

It was a good point though! You were talking about the evolution of the position saying a fully healthy Lamar is younger and more dynamic than Tannehill going into age 36. Therefore, if that's the case, he's a better bet to lead a team to a SB. 

The problem with Lamar is the two guys you compared him to are much better passers and a lot more durable. 

1 hour ago, reo said:

The Titans are a soft target for this sort of attention-grabbing Internet speculation. Also, the exact same article could be written for a lot of teams.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Man I’d be so weary of taking Stroud number 1. I’m never sold on any QB coming out if Ohio state. Some schools have reputations of giving out busts and Ohio state/ QBs are match made in heaven.

The fact that they didn't want Burrow is even more of a red flag...

25 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It was a good point though! You were talking about the evolution of the position saying a fully healthy Lamar is younger and more dynamic than Tannehill going into age 36. Therefore, if that's the case, he's a better bet to lead a team to a SB. 

The problem with Lamar is the two guys you compared him to are much better passers and a lot more durable. 

True, they are better passers-especially Allen.  My mention of Tannehill was because his 2019 team could have won that SB.  The team was just dog tired after three must wins to get to KC, nobody blamed him in 2019.  The energy to win HOU-@NE-@BAL took it's toll.  It is hard for wildcard teams to make it to the SB.

Tannehill's getting piled on now because the board demands you be a Hatfield or a McCoy.

Novelette :761_pen_fountain:

10 hours ago, VaTitan said:

Also the 2 1sts is way too much to swallow…

Not if they are Isaiah Wilson and Caleb Farley!

I'm not ready to endorse pursuit, but he would be our starting QB so that is easily worth one 1st. He's 26 and Tannehill is 34...

He's not a bust so there's the other 1st. I struggle with the injury history and the massive dollars.

You have to admit he is damn exciting to watch.

Mueller and Sando broke down the top QB prospects

Mueller wouldn't take Richardson in the 1st, can't process and inaccurate. Loves Stroud

Says 2 QBs will go outside the top 10

Says the Colts won't take a QB, will take another position 

32 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Says the Colts won't take a QB, will take another position 

On the Prospects to Pros episode from yesterday Dane Brugler raised this possibility he also said Ballard has been doing A LOT of work on some of the other later round QB's especially Aidan O’Connell.

Brugler also pointed out all the links between the Vikings and Will Levis.

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On the Prospects to Pros episode from yesterday Dane Brugler raised this possibility he also said Ballard has been doing A LOT of work on some of the other later round QB's especially Aidan O’Connell.

Brugler also pointed out all the links between the Vikings and Will Levis.

It's going to suck if(when) a couple of the top QB prospects don't go before the Titans pick

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It's going to suck if(when) a couple of the top QB prospects don't go before the Titans pick

I still think 3 of the 4 will go in the top 10 some team won't be able to help themselves and will think they can develop Richardson's physical traits into a Jalen Hurts type QB.

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I still think 3 of the 4 will go in the top 10 some team won't be able to help themselves and will think they can develop Richardson's physical traits into a Jalen Hurts type QB.

Hurts went late in the 2nd round. I'll be shocked if Richardson is drafted in the top 10. 

Mueller talked about how Richardson consistently overthrew receivers who were wide open on routine throws. He can't process

He only threw 300+ passes in college.