Titans Future QB

titansfan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's really annoying watching people constantly dance around the fact that their real stance is "I can't wait for the Titans to get rid of Tannehill and it will prove that he's always been overrated a

lol Buck Reising thinks the Titans could get up from #11 to #3 without giving up an additional 1st and by only trading pick #11, Malik Willis and a future 2nd.   Just for reference the 49ers

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Where the hell is the Lamar to the Titans BS even coming from?

It doesn't even make sense. The thing that started this was someone asking a few front office guys what team would be the best fit for Lamar. They responded titans. That in no way means we are interested, just that some execs think we would make a good landing spot.

46 minutes ago, Callidus said:

It doesn't even make sense. The thing that started this was someone asking a few front office guys what team would be the best fit for Lamar. They responded titans. That in no way means we are interested, just that some execs think we would make a good landing spot.

It’s crazy. Lamar’s mama is supposed to be pretty sharp, she may have leaked it. 

Lamar Jackson isn't the hill to hang the running QB flag on and the injury concern is definitely a huge issue, but at the same time it's ignorant to ignore the effect that RPO offenses have had on the league; just about every team incorporates some element of them. Josh Allen would be a much better case of how the threat of the QB run and the actual use of it  can create a very dynamic attack that is very difficult to defend. We all grew up watching dropback passers dominate the game and there is a little bit of inherent bias involved in how anyone views the game.

7 hours ago, Callidus said:

And multiple reports like this are what certain posters consider to be "smoke". It's crazy.

I listened to "The Ringer" podcast this morning and Ben Solak was eating some crow on Lamar Jackson. He said if the Ravens gave him the "non-exclusive" franchise tag teams would be falling over themselves to sign him to an offer sheet.....

L-O-L at the NFL media

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I listened to "The Ringer" podcast this morning and Ben Solak was eating some crow on Lamar Jackson. He said if the Ravens gave him the "non-exclusive" franchise tag teams would be falling over themselves to sign him to an offer sheet.....

L-O-L at the NFL media

The 2 1sts plus having to give him 150M guaranteed minimum is why teams are staying away. It's cost prohibitive even if you are okay with his regression since his MVP season.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The 2 1sts plus having to give him 150M guaranteed minimum is why teams are staying away. It's cost prohibitive even if you are okay with his regression since his MVP season.

That's def a deciding factor but I also think the view of Jackson as a QB by the media and fans is far different than how the NFL views Jackson. This is not discussed as a real factor. 

If a team gave Mahomes, Allen, Burrow or Herbert the "Non Exclusive Tender" teams would be offering monster fully guaranteed deals and two 1st rounders would be a total bargain. 

19 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

That's def a deciding factor but I also think the view of Jackson as a QB by the media and fans is far different than how the NFL views Jackson. This is not discussed as a real factor. 

If a team gave Mahomes, Allen, Burrow or Herbert the "Non Exclusive Tender" teams would be offering monster fully guaranteed deals and two 1st rounders would be a total bargain. 

Mahomes yes not sure about the others. I heard Brian Mitchell say the other day teams know the Ravens are likely to match anything in the 130M-150M guaranteed range so why bother and set the baseline for the Ravens. I also 100% believe Jackson would already be signed if he had an agent. His public desire to get Watson level of guaranteed money is a pipe dream. That contract is an outlier. As I said before the real baseline is Cousins fully guaranteed 3 year extension a few years ago.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ringer-nfl-show/id1109282822?i=1000605144457

podcast about Colin Kaepernick

since we are in the bidding war for Lamar, we need to fully understand what we walking into. 

Collusion. This has happened in the NFL before.  This time agents also don’t want Lamar to represent himself.  Even if correct to pay running QBs less, it will have to be part of scale like LT, RT, S all positions.

PPQB

RQB

If it gets ugly, the NFL will have to establish who is a running QB. How do they quantify this?  The NFL is violent sport. QBs get hurt all the time. When negotiating with a QB like Wince, has there been injury riders?  Lots of comparisons Lamar could make, plus Lamar seems to be kinda uppidity. His mama is always described as an educated person.  

If he doesn’t receive any offers, it will look suspicious.  

18 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

L-O-L at the NFL media

Solack sucks. That podcast was good when it was Robert Mays and Kevin Clark. Now it's pretty bad. The Athletic one is much better