Titans-Bengals gameday thread

Starkiller

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you simply pretend that Caleb Farley never existed and Avery was picked instead, then the Titans nailed the first round in 2021!

Feels pretty shitty to lose a game like this but the silver lining is that maybe Burks is closer to AJ Brown than we thought. Guy looks really good…

The identity and strength of the team is supposed to be the running game.   Henry in January against the Bengals:  17 for 38, 2.2 YPC Today:  17 for 38, 2.2 YPC    Identical. 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Certainly doesn't seem like it with that hot take you came prancing in here with.  And don't you dare group me and @rns90 with the gameday idiots of Bukafax and allen.  Another poor observation on your end.  

What was my hot take? My hot take is that people should stop whining so much. 

I wrote multiple data-based posts. 

You’re right, shouldn’t have lumped you with the mega whiners 

2 hours ago, JJHuddle12 said:

Hard to run any back in that scenario honestly 

They seemed to manage OK. Their back is short, and it's hard to get at his legs. He was getting a lot of yards after contact. This reminded me of when Henry first came here and they would spy him with a DB. As soon as he got the ball the DB had him around the ankles. No difference today. 

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

The identity and strength of the team is supposed to be the running game.

Henry in January against the Bengals:  17 for 38, 2.2 YPC

Today:  17 for 38, 2.2 YPC 

Identical.  Nothing his changed.

Well, they scored 1 more point or the score would have even been identical.

5 minutes ago, ctm said:

The identity and strength of the team is supposed to be the running game.

Henry in January against the Bengals:  17 for 38, 2.2 YPC

Today:  17 for 38, 2.2 YPC 

Identical.  Nothing his changed.

You fogot his yds per pass play too.  Over 20 yds a catch.  

27 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Serious question, is Tannehill allowed to audible out of a play?

I honestly don't think he is. With Art, he was given a lot of latitude. I wonder if Downsing offered up Tannehill as an excuse, and Vrabel said don't change his plays unless he gives you two. 

41 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

Bengals are the better team. Way better on the Oline, better play calling from Taylor, and JB is better than RT17.

Titans need to address the OL, WR, and TE this off-season. Vrabel is working miracles, but he can only take the team so far without real offensive talent.

Also Downing calls a better game on the sauce.

JB has receivers making incredible catches. Our receivers have balls bouncing off their hands. Perine rushed 17 times for 58 yards, 3.4 ypc. Henry rushed 17 times for 38 yards, 2.2 ypc,  JB was  22 of 37 for 270. Tanne was 22 of 34 for 291. Don't you get tired of being stupid?

Edited by BlueThunder

9 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I honestly don't think he is. With Art, he was given a lot of latitude. I wonder if Downsing offered up Tannehill as an excuse, and Vrabel said don't change his plays unless he gives you two. 

Anybody else know for sure one way or the other?

6 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Anybody else know for sure one way or the other?

I'm sure he can check to a run or pass based on how the defense is lined up, but they're probably pre-determined plays. I doubt he can just call whatever play he wants. 

18 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

When he sees a 6 man front he should be allowed to call anything he wants that doesn't involve a run. 

1 minute ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

This loss sucked but realistically there is minimal effect on the Titans post season chances. At this point getting out of games without more injuries is as important as the W.

Tanne got his ankle rolled up again. He will never make it through this season with Henry shut down and having to pass behind this shitty O line.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic