Malik Willis is a damn trouble maker.

Number9

16 minutes ago, WG53 said:

For the OP to play the race card, as usual.

Well ... I guess I can pull the reverse card as a black man myself.

Is there some bias from annoyed posters because he may have been drafted to somehow replace Tannehill? Sure.

But has he shown us much? No. He may open the run game a bit as most runners do but that's it.

So honestly the "haters" are allowed to tee off on him. 

Edited by big2033

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willis ain't the unfairly bashed QB on this roster

Well, he sucks. You're supposed to bash players that suck. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

But when is there any need to “tee up” on a 3rd rd rookie project QB?  Most ppl like him are expected to bust out….unless you are super sensitive about your QB who shit the bed when he didn’t have his security blanket….

You’re projecting your obvious bias. 

We get you don’t think Tannehill is good. That doesn’t mean Malik is going to be your savior. 

22 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You’re projecting your obvious bias. 

We get you don’t think Tannehill is good. That doesn’t mean Malik is going to be your savior. 

Forget Tannehill for a  minute.  If you just watch Willis, he sucks on his own "merits".  That's what most people are complaining about.  I mean, we could be comparing him to Mariota and the opinions would be the same.  Willis stinks.

10 hours ago, ctm said:

Part of the problem is that a prospect with Willis's lack of development belongs as a #3 QB, not a #2.  He was then thrust into a role he clearly wasn't ready for.

If the Titans had a viable #2, there would be no criticism of Willis at this point.

Makes sense to me.

18 hours ago, Number9 said:

But when you attack me, give some examples of how other players have received this same treatment.

I did not say this lightly.  I asked, when has any third round pick received a bashing before he took the field.  If this is normal, then surely some Titans player has received this type welcome.

Whether you are willing to see it or not, dumping on a 3rd round p-r-o-j-e-c-t pick before he takes a snap is well outside normal.  If it was normal, in 20 years of rookies you should have some examples.  One Example?  I doubt you can find this kind of B.S. anywhere in the NFL.

12 hours ago, flaming_thumbtack said:

The funny and annoying thing about the discussion around Willis is that it comes down to a fundamental misunderstanding of what the pick was.

The people posting here are knowledgeable of this.  They know he's a P-R-O-J-E-C-T. 

There is a certain amount of character I strive for and bashing any kid for getting drafted in the 3rd round isn't on my bucket list.  Maybe if Willis was white, I'd shit on him.  Bull fucking shit.  I just expect more from this board.

Their responses sound like the people who said in the 1960's, "Our coloreds are happy with things just like they are."    

Treat others as you would like to be treated.  You have to reach a level of empathy to do that, first you have to understand you are treating someone worse than you would want to be treated.  You have to have a high enough level of consciousness to realize when you are taking shit too far.

I do not say these things lightly.  This is my group.  You are my Titans family.  I will take any kind of pushback I get because I try to live my truth.  Yes, it's a football message board.  Wrong is wrong, no matter the flimsy excuse.

13 hours ago, ctm said:

This is nothing compared to what @OILERMAN posted about Chris Sanders who was also a 3rd rounder.

Did he start before his rookie training camp?  Did he spend time bringing his name up after a big win that Sanders didn't even play in?  I suspect the answer would be, what sense would it make to even do that?

• Number9 changed the title to Malik Willis is a damn trouble maker.