World Cup 2022

wiscotitansfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Third in the world. Last time in Russia, we were second. Good result for the small country

First half of the US versus Wales went about as well as one could hope. Of course, you could always hope for even more scoring opportunities and goals but the US was patient, maintained good possessio

Posted Images

2 hours ago, reo said:

In the end, they had their chances but couldn't finish.

You have to wonder how many times this will be said on Broadway tonight at the 100s of bachelorette outings tonight.

Awesome job by the US. They were breaking them down in the 1st half. Had plenty of chances in the 2nd. And great job by Zimmerman coming in at the end.

Now we've got the Netherlands Saturday morning.

I've always hated the way we finish games with a lead. Just sit back and protect. It's so nerve-wracking and honestly I'm not sure there's great stats to support that style of play... if there's stats for anything like that.  

it's such an old way of playing. 

yeah it worked but they had a bout 5 legit chances at the end to score on when there was only 1 shot the first like 70 minutes. 

if Pulisic is back then we have a legit shot at beating the Netherlands.

weird World Cup and the field is down. Good opportunity to possibly match our previous best with a couple wins here in the elimination round ... if we get lucky on the second round draw. 

not holding my breath for too many goals from this crew though. 

Really disappointing performance from the US after such a brave game against England. They played not to lose and it almost cost them against what was a very poor Iran side. Their passing at the end was atrocious 

Looking forward to US Netherlands, should be a good game and I think US will take it to ET

Completely disagree. They went for it in the 1st half and had tons of chances. 2nd half they started to get tired but didn't really park the bus until around the 82nd minute when they went to more of a 5-3-2 which as tired as their midfielders were was the right choice.

Only thing I didn't like was CCV for Zimmerman. I understand why he did it b/c CCV plays on a team that plays a ton of counter attack offenses but Zimmerman imo is just a much better choice. Hopefully he's back vs Netherlands.

I'd have liked to see Gio for Weah earlier but w/ Pulisic getting hurt and McKennie getting gassed,  you start to run out of available subs especially since the plan was to bring in Zimmerman and Moore late to seal it.

Edited by reo

That'll do it. Nice to watch a team that knows how to finish. Wish it was the US and not their opponent.

This team had no clue how to unlock the middle against this defense and Zimmerman remains a horrible weak link when in possession of the ball.

They've done a lot of things well but they're just not quite good enough.

Just now, Jamalisms said:

That'll do it. Nice to watch a team that knows how to finish. Wish it was the US and not their opponent.

This team had no clue how to unlock the middle against this defense and Zimmerman remains a horrible weak link when in possession of the ball.

Gut punch indeed.

US needs speed….but no shot to make up 2 goals no.

Turning into the Titans-Buffalo game…

11 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

They've done a lot of things well but they're just not quite good enough.

I'm not a soccer expert but it seems to me the US crossing offense is nonexistent. They cross the ball and pray someone gets to it whereas the Dutch and other goos teams are more precise in the crossing game. 

41 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'm not a soccer expert but it seems to me the US crossing offense is nonexistent. They cross the ball and pray someone gets to it whereas the Dutch and other goos teams are more precise in the crossing game. 

It's the same on corners. They have nobody who can get on top of something like that ... but also a lot of their crosses seema desperation after just barely getting space. The passes that set up Netherlands goals are a contrast, as is the finishing.

They lost on late runs on counters bc they were pressing. Netherlands typically press but held back and let the US press for that very reason. US xg was still slightly better. They had their chances but as usual couldn't finish. 

But they're the 2nd youngest team in this world cup. All 'n all.. good job guys.