Titans vs Bengals Week 12 Discussion

Just now, TheBukafax said:

Why though? What specifically made them bad calls? The Henry run was a single whiffed block from being successful.

You don't run a sweep to a rookie TE in FG range in the 4th. Regardless of outcome it's a bad call. There's other options to run the sweep and don't run the sweep.

You don't do pure drops with Willis with an 8 point lead with 8 minutes left. You run the ball and get in FG range. 2 possessions is all that matters. 

You don't take Tannehill out of the game...ever. Simply stupid. You definitely don't do it in the 4th quarter in FG range on 3rd and 1. Any play call is better. 

You don't run heavy personnel with Henry on 4th against a 10 man box. I understand the argument for execution, but that doesn't make it anything resembling a good playcall. They knew what was coming and ate it. 

Regardless of the outcome I would have thought all of those were terrible calls. They were in fact terrible calls. The fact they all failed doesn't somehow minimize them being terrible lol. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to get Downing on the sauce early if we're gonna pull this off

Personal growth and reflection are not allowed in this community 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You don't run a sweep to a rookie TE in FG range in the 4th. Regardless of outcome it's a bad call. There's other options to run the sweep and don't run the sweep.

You don't do pure drops with Willis with an 8 point lead with 8 minutes left. You run the ball and get in FG range. 2 possessions is all that matters. 

You don't take Tannehill out of the game...ever. Simply stupid. You definitely don't do it in the 4th quarter in FG range on 3rd and 1. Any play call is better. 

You don't run heavy personnel with Henry on 4th against a 10 man box. I understand the argument for execution, but that doesn't make it anything resembling a good playcall. They knew what was coming and ate it. 

Regardless of the outcome I would have thought all of those were terrible calls. They were in fact terrible calls. The fact they all failed doesn't somehow minimize them being terrible lol. 

Yeah I didn’t like the Chig sweep, it’s just too much lateral movement.

Im not arguing those Malik passes. We agree there.

The Malik fumble I’m sure there might be better calls but I can’t see it being a bad call. Instead of attempting to conflict the D between pass or run, they gave them a conflict on who was to run on an obvious running down. I think we will just have a difference of opinion on this one.

They got a 10 man box because the personnel dictated it. What would you have rather seen for the play? 

Edited by TheBukafax

4 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Cynthia Freuland also have the Titans as favourite by -1.5. I’ve now seen 3 statistical models and all favored the titans. Crazy how the betting market hate betting the Titans 

Vegas trying to pull in lots of Titan fans' money, they are the only ones that have us as favorites.  I wouldn't touch this game.

32 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Vegas trying to pull in lots of Titan fans' money, they are the only ones that have us as favorites.  I wouldn't touch this game.

Titans are the consistent team. You 100% take them moneyline. I have a no bet policy on favorite teams. Bengals have been wildy inconsistent all year. 

8 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Titans are the consistent team. You 100% take them moneyline. I have a no bet policy on favorite teams. Bengals have been wildy inconsistent all year. 

We lost 3 games by a last second FG.  We consistently struggle vs great edge rushers (Watt, Micah, Garrett). 
Cam Heyward had his way with our rookie LG,  not looking forward to Simmons.

Our offense has been versatile.
We have won with no rushing yards and 480 passing yards.
We have won with 241 rushing yards & 243 passing yards.

The Titans will be the 2nd best overall offense we have faced thus far and most balanced.  If we cant stop the run then Tannehill will destroy our CBs with play action. We must prevent you guys from going on extremely long drives.

If Burrow has any amount of time we should be ok offensively if Chase is good to go.  We will be in great shape if we can get an early lead and I like our chances in a shootout.   A slowed down, low possession game will be very difficult for us.

12 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I wouldn't put all of the weird 3rd and short calls on Downing even though I do think Downing struggles with play call flow. Vrabel has made it quite clear and wants everyone to know that he will make play calls in certain situations. As @BudsOilers pointed out, Downing is the architect of the redzone offense and that was the case under Smith as well. I'm coming around to the idea the dude is a good play designer but not a good play caller.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic