Jump to content

Andor


Starkiller
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not sure if anyone is watching this, but it really is a great show. Maybe the best Star Wars content since Disney bought that galaxy far, far away. 
 

Disney has made a habit of creating streaming Disney+ shows around somewhat secondary characters from the movies in an effort to make more content. It seems like a money grab on the surface. And honestly, I can’t say I cared too much about a story of where Cassian Andor came from, especially as he was a new character in a (good) 1 off movie. But the show has really been brilliant. 
 

Season finale is next week. There will apparently be a 2nd season.

Edited by Starkiller
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was finished at 10 as they swam ashore.

 

Yes it's an example of just trying to write a great story, have respectable dialogue and acting - sets never been their issue.  The best Star Wars since so little Star Wars in it really.  Avoids the fan boy pandering that ruins so much of the other stuff.

 

Very much a pleasant surprise.  Honestly had written off the Marvel/Star Wars stuff via Disney.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, headhunter said:

Better than Mando?

 

In terms of quality of writing, acting, storyline..... absolutely.  More of a serious show whereas Mandalorian is supposed to be a call back to the old westerns of the 60s. A feel good show for fun.  Nothing wrong with that.

 

I wish Andor didn't have the Star Wars name attached to it.  I think there are a lot of people who would enjoy it but don't do the Star Wars thing,  

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, chef said:

In terms of quality of writing, acting, storyline..... absolutely.  More of a serious show whereas Mandalorian is supposed to be a call back to the old westerns of the 60s. A feel good show for fun.  Nothing wrong with that.

 

I wish Andor didn't have the Star Wars name attached to it.  I think there are a lot of people who would enjoy it but don't do the Star Wars thing,  

On the flip side, I think the Star Wars name bring an audience who wouldn’t have watched it otherwise. 
 

Also, there is an already built up universe so you don’t have to make the effort of world building what a new series would. And the story fits perfectly within the early, un-unified Rebellion timeline. 

Edited by Starkiller
Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

On the flip side, I think the Star Wars name bring an audience who wouldn’t have watched it otherwise. 
 

Also, there is an already built up universe so you don’t have to make the effort of world building that a new series would. And the story fits perfectly within the early, un-unified Rebellion timeline. 

Concurring.  And would be challenging to follow well without knowing Star Wars context.  

 

But shows tone and quality would appeal to a different group.   And can't even imagine some borderline fans who tried to give it a go and then called it quits after obi Wan, or (ugh) Bob Fett. They see another SW series and think Nah I'm good.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Hell, now I need to go back for the post credits. 
I really enjoyed the series. Music composer must have liked some classic final fantasy. 
What movie does this character show exist in?  I assume Rebel One?

Rogue One. The best Star Wars content Disney had produced before the D+ streaming series started. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just binged it this weekend. Was pretty good. Rogue One is probably my favorite Star Wars movie and I'm like OP, didn't think I needed to know or care about Cassian. 

 

Can't wait for the 2nd season since it was planned to be 24 episodes total from the start. Will be fun to see how K2SO becomes a rebel.

Edited by wiscotitansfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Just binged it this weekend. Was pretty good. Rogue One is probably my favorite Star Wars movie and I'm like OP, didn't think I needed to know or care about Cassian. 

 

Can't wait for the 2nd season since it was planned to be 24 episodes total from the start. Will be fun to see how K2SO becomes a rebel.

I’m wondering if B2's personality somehow gets implanted into K2SO's body. Something similar happened in Solo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...