Fixing the Offense: My Thoughts

AvgJoe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how everything we hate about the offense is Downing’s fault but the few things we like are due to Kelly. Lol

FIRE DOWNING!!!!!!!!

You can be happy with the win while also acknowledging the offensive deficiencies are a massive problem that will likely prevent the team from being a real contender. 

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, tgo said:

Did we lose today?

People seem very upset after winning 2 straight games. 

It’s the same as if there was $10 left with no food in the house. The husband decides to buy 2 $5 scratch tickets. He wins $50.

Do you think the wife should be happy because he got $50?

image.png.f249fab5d03c0cd7c34f6c8a72b64fa2.png

Ohio State defensive line coach Mike Vrabel, the former Super Bowl-winning linebacker with the New England Patriots, got so wrapped up in the Buckeyes' rivalry with Michigan on Nov. 24 that he head-butted a player during pregame warm-ups.

As you might expect, the player was wearing a helmet; Vrabel was helmet-free. The result was a bloody, gashed, stitch-filled, wonderful mess.

The same 'meathead' who coached the first half in each game coaches the second half.

The first half offensive performance was just about flawless. 

As was the play calling.

It's hard to win in the NFL. It is hard to win with the talent on hand. 

They have won two in a row. I clearly didn't think they would win either game.

Not the time for me to say how bad the coaching is or the QB is or the talent on both sides of the ball is or how poorly constructed the roster.

Titans won.  Imagine being happy about that.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The biggest issue is simply execution. Penalties, missed blocks, missed receivers, dropped passes etc....Defensive breakdowns, although the defense steps up when needed 

So do you think the players just stop executing in the second half?  Or are they also failing to execute in the first half when we are dominating opponents?  

1 hour ago, Downtown said:

Which is ever more present when addressing a group of people who invest a disproportionate amount of free-time to the team. No one spends time on a message board to simply chase an NFL win. It’s championships or bust. 

Bro you are not on the team “chasing championships” lol. 95% of the users in here are fucking delusional and do not understand basic football concepts. If you are going to spend all day on here like a loser at least watch the all 22 or have some actual football insights. 

8 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

So do you think the players just stop executing in the second half?  Or are they also failing to execute in the first half when we are dominating opponents?  

There have been many various breakdowns for sure. Now at this point you can question adjustments from the staff or even a mental block but there has been opportunities if players executed 

I think it's pretty simple.  The strength of the Titans offense is Tannehill.  Right now the RB and the OL are both predictable and executing poorly.  When the situation dictates leaning on the RB and OL, the offense suffers.

Remember they brought in additional help coaching the passing game.  It's clear the running game also needs help.

I don't know if I agree it's ideal that the Titans stay on attack even with big leads in the third quarter.  But this team, this year, maybe Vrabel does need to stay with the strength of the team longer.